Why HP Printer is Offline
Are you unable to print because the HP printer is offline? Are you wondering why HP printer is offline? Then you must understand that printer offline problem arises when the printer is unable to communicate with the device and hence it shows printer offline.
In this blog, we will help you identify some of the most common printer offline problems and troubleshooting solutions.
Why HP Printer is Offline?
If your HP printer shows offline then the first thing that you should be doing is to check the network connections. And if the network connection seems to be working properly then you can try updating the drivers. When the HP printer shows offline option then this means that it will not be able to print anything. However, you do not have to worry as this issue can be quickly fixed by following the solutions mentioned in this blog.
Troubleshooting Tips for HP printer Offline
If you are wondering why the HP printer is offline then there are several reasons for this. However, you can fix the HP printer is offline issue by following these methods.
Set the Default Printer Manually
If HP printer is offline is the problem then you can try setting the printer to default. However, the steps vary for different Windows versions.
For Windows 7,8:
- Go to Windows and then select the ‘device and printers’ option.
- Now, right-click on the HP printer which you want to change the settings.
- Then, select set as default.
- Now run a print test to see if the issue is fixed.
For Windows 10:
- Go to the Windows and then select printers and scanners option.
- Untick the let windows manage my default printer box.
- Select the printer then you want to set to default and then choose to manage option. If you are unable to find the HP printer simply select the offline one.
- Now, go to Manage your device and select as default.
Restart the device
To resolve the HP printer offline problem, you can try to restart the device to prepare it for the wireless connection.
- Switch off the printer and wait for at least 10 seconds.
- Take out the plug of the printer from the power source.
- Switch off the device that you are using to send print from.
- Plugin the cable of the printer and then turn on the printer.
- Take out the power chord from the wireless router and then wait for a few seconds.
- Plugin the power cord of the router and then turn on the router.
- Run a test print to check the HP printer offline issue is fixed or not.
Fix USB Print Connections
- Take down the printer and the computer.
- Check the USB cable and see if there is any loose connection or damaged cable.
- Also, check the USB cable is completely secured on both ends.
- Try connecting the printer and the computer using a different USB port.
- Now, turn on the printer and computer to check the problem is resolved.
These solutions will surely help in fixing HP printer is offline issue. But if the problem persists then get in touch with the HP printer technicians as they can help you best in understanding why HP printer is offline and how to fix it.