How Do I Get My Printer Online
You want to print a document but it is showing printer is offline again and again. Then what to do if printer is offline? Are you thinking How do I get my printer online? Undoubtedly, printer offline is one of the most frustrating things you can see while you are trying to print sometime. But do not worry as it can be easily fixed.
Sometimes when printing the device may show printer offline and that can be because the printer is not able to establish a connection with the computer.
Sometimes the device may think that the printer is offline but it is about to start the printing. However, sometimes the problem can also occur because of several other problems. The printer offline issue can be resolved by following a few troubleshooting tips. So, what to do if printer is offline?
How Do I Get My Printer Online from Offline?
Follow these steps to fix the printer is showing offline problem. Make sure you follow the exact steps one by one.
Check the Cables and Physical Printers
Sometimes the problem may arise because of the printer and the computer connection. Make sure to check the USB cables and check they are connected properly. If the printer is connected through a wired connection then check the ethernet cable. Fore wireless printer connections check the internet connection and also see if the router is working properly.
If you are using a USB port to connect the printer then make sure to use multiple ports and check the connection. If the printer offline problem persists then try to use another cable. This would help you in fixing all of the connections.
Set the Printer Online
- Go the start button on the left corner of the screen,
- Then select ‘control panel’ and then choose ‘devices and printers’.
- Go to the printer that you want to set online and then right-click to choose ‘select what’s printing’.
- A new window will open, here you will have to select the ‘printer’ option.
- Now, go to the drop-down menu and select ‘use printer online’.
Remove the Incomplete Printing Jobs
- Go to the ‘see what’s printing’ option as mentioned in the last point.
- Right-click to cancel incomplete print jobs.
- Once the print jobs have been cleared select the ‘use printer online’ option.
Remove the Drivers
Corrupted or outdated drivers are again one of the most common reasons for printer offline. But what to do I printer is offline? You can remove the driver.
- Go to the start.
- Select All Programs.
- Then Accessories > Command Prompt.
- Here type ‘printui /s/t2. You will reach to printer service properties.
- Remove the Driver and Package.
- Select add printer option on Devices and Printers.
You can follow these steps to troubleshoot printer offline problems. But if these steps just did not work and you are still thinking how do I get my printer online? Then it is best to get in touch with a team of experts for technical help.