How To Setup Canon Printer
Canon is a well-known company best-known to innovate technology and provide the best products. Talking about Canon printers, they are known to offer the highest quality prints and design that meets the requirements of the users.However, some times while using the Canon printer you can find errors while trying Canon printer setup steps. Most of the time, it happens when you do not follow the setup process correctly.
Sometimes you may also need help from the Canon printer support team to get you through the set-up process. However, most of the time when you have the technical knowledge and you follow the Canon printer setup process correctly you may be able to establish the setup process without any error.
There are different types of Canon printers available in the market that fits individual requirements. Canon Pixma multi-function inkjet, Laser printer, Single-Function printer, LaserJet printer being some of the most famous ones out of all the Canon printer models.
Need Help? Change your printer status from Offline to Online. Click on Below Given Link -
Canon Printer Setup to a Wireless Network
If you are trying to set up the Canon printer to a wi-fi network then here are things that you need to follow.
Connect the Canon Printer to WiFi
This is the first step that you need to follow while trying the Canon printer setup. These steps are very easy and won’t take a lot of time.
- Turn on the Canon printer by pressing the power button.
- Press the ‘settings’ button. Navigate using the arrows to go to the ‘device settings’ and then press ok.
- Navigate using the arrows until you reach to LAN settings and then press ok.
- Now, navigate using the arrows to go to the ‘wireless LAN setup’ and then press ok.
After, the above steps the printer will start looking for the wi-fi network and the lights will be blinking.
- However, if it is taking way too long then press the stop button. It will redirect you to the ‘wireless LAN setup’ standard setup’ option. Press ok.
- Navigate using the arrows to go the ‘wi-fi network’ and then press ok.
- Once you are connected to the wireless network press ok to confirm.
Add Canon Printer to the Computer | Canon Printer Setup Process
Once you are done with the printer setup to a wireless network, you will have to set up on the computer as well.
- Press Windows + R option at the same time.
- Go to the control panel and type Microsoft Devices and Printers on the tab and then press ok.
- Now click add a printer option then follow the instructions on the screen to complete the process.
The above-mentioned steps help in establishing the HP printer setup to a wifi network. You can run a test print to ensure the wifi setup is complete.
Canon Printer Setup Process
First of all, you need to download the printer drivers from the official website. Make sure to download it from an official website. You can customize the printer drivers based on the needs. The drivers usually contain software that meets printing, scanning, auto-driver installation and more. Additionally, the printer’s driver also contains other tools that can troubleshoot Canon printer errors and issues.
Steps for Canon Printer Setup without CD
Canon printers come with printer driver setup that helps in connecting the printer with the computer. The printer setup CD is different for every Canon printer model.
The CD provides a quick and easy solution to install the software required for printing. However, you can also complete the process without using the CD.
Install Canon Printer Without CD
There can be chances that the printer setup CD or maybe the CD reader is not working. Enter the OS, and then download the Canon printer software, and then run the printer.
There are chances that the software is outdated so make sure you downloaded the latest version. That is why it is important to download the software from the official site.
Canon Printer Installation Process
Install Canon Printer Setup on Windows
If the computer you are using runs on Windows then you will have to log in as administrator. Then you will have to install the printer driver software from the Canon printer setup CD or the official site.
- Once you are done with downloading the software run it.
- Once the printer setup is complete, you will have to follow a set of instructions to add the printer on the computer.
- Go to the ‘control panel’ and then ‘Add a printer’ here.
Install Canon Printer on Mac
The process of printer setup or installation is similar to Mac and Windows.
- Once you are done with installing the software, you will have to install the printer on the computer.
- Go to ‘printers and scanners’ in the ‘system and preferences’ option.
- If you have installed the printer software correctly then your printer will be shown here.
- Go to the connected printers list and then click on the ‘Add’ button.
Use In-built Printer Driver for Printer Setup - CANON
If you do not want to waste your time downloading and installing the software then you can also use the in-built printer drivers available on the computer. If you are using the latest version of Windows and Mac then they offer printer drivers for top Canon printer models. However, the in-built printer drivers only work for printers that use USB connections.
You can check first whether the printer is compatible with the in-built printer drivers. You will have to use the USB cable and then turn on the printer. This will setup the printer installation immediately. Thus, you will be able to print. However, this method should only be used if you are in a hurry otherwise it is always good to download the printer setup from the authentic site.
Canon printer setup is easy and can be done in just a matter of time. However, sometimes you may get stuck up while trying to set up the printer. In such a case, get help from the Canon printer technicians as they can help you in troubleshooting the issues and get the setup process done. Get in touch with the Canon printer technical team for support.