Brother Industries Ltd. is a multinational electronics company based in Japan. The company is known to manufacture top-class printers. Multifunctional printers, label printers, fax machines and so much more. If you are facing any problem concerning the Brother printer setup then our support team is always there to provide you help and assistance.
Brother Printers are one of the best quality printers in the market. Not only they offer the highest quality prints but they are very user-friendly. Additionally, the Brother printer smart series is perfect for official and personal use. They have a series of printer models that are superb for offices and homes. These printers have compressed footprints hence do not occupy much space and can fit in a limited space.
Need Help? Change your printer status from Offline to Online. Click on Below Given Link -
Brother printers are known for using the latest innovative technology, offering the best features and providing top-quality printing. These printers are known to cater to the need of all be it business, official, administrative or home requirements.
Different Types of Brother Printers
Brother printers come in different types and offer different features. Depending on your needs you can choose what suits you the best and what fits your idea of the printer.
- Wireless Networking or Ethernet
- White Laser Printer
- LED All-in-One Printer
- LED Multifunctional Printer
- Duplex Printer
- Colored Laser or Colored LED Printer
These printers are designed and manufactured keeping in mind the latest technology and innovation. If you have are planning to buy a Brother printer or have recently bought it then you need to understand about Brother Printer setup. Installation of the printer is a very important step while trying the setup the printer. If you do not follow each step correctly then it may result in technical glitches. So, make sure to be very careful during the Brother setup process.
Installing the Brother printer is easy and quick if you have a little bit of technical knowledge that can install the Brother printer. However, if you do not have any knowledge about what you are about to do then it is always good to seek help from the technical team as they give you better assistance. However, if you want to install Brother Printer on your own then this is what you need to know:
- Use USB cable to set up a wireless network connection.
- Install the Brother printer drivers depending upon the printer model you have got.
Now, that you know what you need to install Brother printer, we will discuss how to set up a Brother printer on a wireless network. As discussed above, you will need a USB cable and a setup wizard for Brother printer setup on a wi-fi network. Also, make sure your Personal Computer is connected to the same network.
You will also require configuration settings of the wireless network like the name of the network and the network key. When it comes to Brother Printer setup it only used the first WEP key. So, make sure to use the first key while using the router.
What is the Network Name and the Key?
You need to know the network name and key while trying to set up Brother Printer. Here is what you need to know the name of the network and the Network key.
- Check out the sides or below the WLAN router or the access point.
- Check out the manual if you have received with the WLAN or the access point.
- Sometimes the name of the network can be based on the name of the model or the manufacturer’s name.
- First, connect the printer cord with the AC power and then connect the power cord with an electrical outlet.
- Go to the menu and select it.
- Press Up and Down keys using the navigation arrows, choose the network and the press ok.
- Press Up and Down using the navigation arrows, select the WLAN and then press ok.
- Press Up and Down using the navigation arrows, select the Setup Wizard and then press ok.
- Now, enable the wireless network, to start the wireless Wizard setup.
- Turn on the PC and the router.
- Now, turn on the Brother printer and then navigate using the arrows to reach the menu.
- Go to the network option and then choose the WLAN and the setup wizard and then enter.
- Now check the option Network I/F that is changed to wireless.
- Now look for the network and then hit the enter button. Then, look for encryption network and hit enter again.
If you are unable to connect the Brother Printer to the wireless network then make a direct connection. All you need to do is connect the printer and the computer using an ethernet cord. Direct connection is one of the easiest and quickest ways to connect to a wireless network. If you are in a hurry and want to get to work done immediately as it saves a lot of time.
A direct connection can be made on the computer and PC. If the device is connected, you can connect with the same cable, or send the print command.
If the above-mentioned steps are not able to connect you with the wireless network then you need to follow a few troubleshooting tips to connect the Brother printer setup to a wireless network.
Once you are done with the Brother printer setup on a wireless network you may come across and issue like unable to connect to the Wi-Fi or printer offline. Then, you will have to follow some of the troubleshooting tips to fix this solution.
- Check if the Brother printer is turned on and if there is any error code or message.
- If the Brother printers digital panel/screen is not on then this means the printer is turned off.
- You will have to press the button on the printer to check if the sleep mode is turned on.
- Then, make sure the printer is plugged in and the power is turned on.
Brother Printer Setup is easy to establish using the points mentioned above. However, if you are stuck up in any step or are unable to setup, then feel free to get in touch with Brother printer technicians for help.