Get Complete Support for your HP printer – Call Now Toll Free
- HP Printer Offline
- why is my HP printer offline windows 10
- why is my HP printer offline mac
- HP printer offline Wi-Fi
- HP printer keeps going offline
- HP printer offline Chromebook
- why is my HP printer not connected
- how to connect HP printer to Wi-Fi
- how do I fix my HP printer is offline windows 10
Why My HP Printer Offline quick troubleshoot guide 2020. HP is one of the most trusted brands for printers. HP printers are known for top-notch print quality and for using the latest technology to bring innovative solutions in printing features.
Though, HP printers offer the best quality the users may come across why HP printer is offline issue while using these printers.
My HP Printer is Offline is one of the most common issues that you can experience while accessing the printer. Usually the problem arises when the printer is unable to establish a connecting with the computer and as a result, it shows HP printer offline how to fix.
However, other reasons can result in Why My HP printer offline problem. In most cases, the printer offline error can be resolved by following a few steps however, in some cases, you would need help from a technical support team.
In this blog, we will discuss in detail how you can resolve the Why is my HP printer offline issue. But it is always good to seek help from a professional team if these methods are unable to resolve the problem.
People Also Ask
How do you get an HP printer back online?
Here are the steps that you need to follow to resolve HP printer offline error.
- Click on the start icon.
- Go to the Control Panel and then select the Devices Printers.
- Then right-click on the HP printer model. Choose the ‘see what’s printing’ option.
- From the new window select the printer and then select the use printer online option.
Why is my HP printer saying it’s offline?
If you are seeing HP printer offline error then it is clear that the printer is not able to communicate with the computer.
You can check the printer menu to see which network it is connected to. Also, make sure to check the printer is not set to offline mode.
Click on the start icon and then select devices and printers. Then choose the HP printer and open the print queue. Make sure to use printer offline mode is not selected.
How do I fix the HP printer offline?
HP printer offline is a common error that the users may come across at any point in time.
This error means that you won’t be able to print anything until the status of the HP printer is changed from offline to online. Here are the solutions that you can try to troubleshoot HP printer offline issue.
- Make sure to check the USB cable connection. In case of loss, damage, or faulty replace the USB cable.
- Set the HP printer as default.
- Clear the pending print jobs.
- Update the HP printer drivers.
How do I get my HP printer off offline mode?
The first thing you need to do is to click on the start icon and then choose the device and printers option.
Right-click on the HP printer that is showing the offline status. Click on see what’s printing from the drop-down menu. From the new window, click on the printer and make sure to use the printer offline option in unticked.
Why does my HP printer go offline?
If you are seeing HP printer offline issues again and again then it is clear that the printer is unable to communicate with the computer.
Therefore, the printer won’t be able to establish a connection with the computer. There are several reasons why your printer keeps going offline, however, connectivity issues and faulty drivers are the most common ones.
Need Help? Change your printer status from Offline to Online. Click on Below Given Link -
If your HP printer is showing offline then you do not have to worry about it. You can follow some basic checks to fix the HP printer offline error.
Many times, the printer is online but the computer thinks that the printer is set to offline. This may be because the hp printer is connected to Wi-Fi but offline or there may be an issue between the printer and the computer.
Sometimes it can be because of an issue with the cable connection and sometimes because the drivers are not updated. Whatever the reason is you need to troubleshoot the problem and change the offline status online.
Here are the troubleshooting solutions that you need to try to fix the problem.
Check the Cable Connections and the HP Printer
- Make sure to check if both the ends of the USB cables are properly inserted into the port. Also, check if the ethernet cable connection is working properly.
- Try using another USB cable to check if the cable is working properly or not.
- If you are using a wireless printer then connect the printer with the computer through a USB cable. If it works then you know you need to troubleshoot the network to fix the issue.
Clear the Pending Print Jobs
- Click on the Start icon and select the Devices and Printer menu.
- Then right-click and select the HP printer model and choose the ‘see what’s printing’ option.
- Then select the printer from the menu.
- Select the ‘use printer online’ option.
If you are seeing why HP printer is offline issue then this means that your printer is unable to connect to the network.
There could be several reasons for this problem. However, you need to check the network connection or updates the print drivers to fix the HP printer offline issue.
Printer offline simply means that you will not able to use your printer until the status is changed to online. Here are few more things that you may have to come across if your Why My HP printer is offline.
- The printer will not accept any print commands you give from the computer.
- You will not be able to share any file or printer sharing.
- The IP address of the network can be changed or reset.
- Every time the printer enters the sleep mode the network is disconnected or lost.
- You may not be able to find the printer or the computer on the network.
If you are facing HP printer offline error on Windows 10 then do not worry as it is quite common to see this error while using the printer. This is a common issue that you can resolve while following the troubleshooting solutions.
It is a common problem that occurs because of computer and printer related issue. Many times, the technical issue may result in this problem.
so if you are not a tech-savvy person then you must get in touch with the HP support team for help and assistance. Here are some of the steps that you can try for the hp printer offline fix in Windows 10.
- Try restarting the HP printer.
- Often a quick restart of the printer is all you need to resolve the offline issue in the printer.
- Simply take out the plug of the printer and wait for 3 seconds.
- Then plug in the printer and turn on the device.
- Now check if the offline status is changed to online.
- If the HP printer is still not showing online status then you need to check the internet connection.
- So, make sure the HP printer and computer are connected to the network.
- Both devices must be connected to the same network.
- Then select the ‘Devices and Printer’ through the Start menu.
- Then select the HP printer and choose the ‘see what’s printing’ option.
- Make sure the ‘use printer offline’ option is not selected.
- This will allow you to change the status of the hp printer offline to online.
If your HP printer is showing an offline error in Mac then there are a couple of solutions that you can try to resolve the issue.
However, if you are not a tech-savvy person then make sure to get in touch with the technical support team for help and more information.
Here are a few things that you need to check:
- Make sure to check the printer and see if the sleep mode is not turned on. Turn on the HP printer.
- Check the paper in the tray is loaded and placed properly.
- Also, check the ink cartridges as they may need to be refilled.
- Check the control panel for any error code.
- Try restarting the HP printer.
Reset the Printer System
Resetting the printer settings can help in clearing the pending print jobs. Here is what you need to do.
- Click on the Apple menu and choose system preferences.
- Then select the Printers and Scanners option.
- Right-click inside the window and then select the Reset printing system option.
- Confirm to select the reset option.
- Now you need to type the admin name and the password.
In this guide, we have covered in detail the solutions that you can try to fix HP printer offline problem in Windows 10 and Mac.
We have also discussed in detail the basic troubleshooting solutions that you can follow to resolve the offline error. Make sure to follow these steps carefully otherwise you may not be able to fix the issue.
However, even after following these steps, the HP printer offline issue is not fixed then it is clear that you need help from the experts.
In such a situation you need technical help from the experts. So, make sure to get in touch with the technical support team for HP printers to get an immediate solution.