How to Connect HP WiFi Printer
Wi-Fi printers are prevalent in today’s era, wireless printers contain adapter that can be connected with a wireless network and allows the computer and smart devices linked to that network to use the printer.
As the Wi-Fi printer is wirelessly connected, you can place a printer in any location of your home. If you want to know how to connect the HP Wi-Fi printer easily, thus this guide is for you. But make sure that the location you chose for the printer offers a strong signal between the printer and the wireless router.
How to Connect the HP Wireless or Wi-Fi Printer Easily?
- Unpack your printer.
- You can follow the setup instructions to exclude the packaging.
- Plugin the power cord, turn on the printer and install print cartridges. It can allow your printer to go through the startup routine that includes printing an alignment page.
- If your printer supports a connection method like Ethernet, connect it now and skip to install the printer software. While adopting an Ethernet connection, the printer’s wireless system is disabled.
How Can You Install the Printer Software?
To ensure you have the latest software, HP technicians recommend you download software for your computer and printer. Be sure that you chose the software that is fixed for both your computer operating system and your printer model. Your computer must be connected with the same network as you are connecting the printer to. It should be done on the computer you are installing the printer software.
- You can follow the on-screen instruction until you are encouraged for the “connection type.”
- Choose either “Network”, “Through the Network” or “Wireless” when asked.
- The wording will depend on the version of the software you are installing.
- In a few cases, the software may automatically search your wireless settings for you.
- You can follow the on-screen directions for finishing the install process of software in your printer.
If you have previously connected the printer to your network and you are now installing the software, the printer should be found commonly in the installation process. Make sure the computer you are installing the software on must be joined to the same network as the printer.
Many times the program has the struggle in finding the printer on the network. If this arises, you can do a “advanced search” for the printer using the printer’s assigned IP address. You may search the IP address by printing either a “wireless network test” report or a network configuration page. The IP address should be shown on the display when the wireless icon or button is touched on the printers that have displays.
I hope you know how to connect the HP Wi-Fi printer simply by reading the above blog. However, if you face any issue, we recommend you to call the HP technicians at their toll-free support number. They are available for 24 hours and 7 days. Don’t be late, dial the number today!