Troubleshooting Solutions to Fix Brother Printer Offline Problem
Brother printers are one of the best quality printers that offer an amazing set of features for the users. Though the Brother printers offer top-quality prints and user-friendly operations sometimes you may experience Brother printer offline error. But do not worry as it is quite common to experience this error and can be resolved by following the troubleshooting solutions.
If you are unable to print because the printer is showing offline, then there could be a problem in the network connections. And as a result, the printer is unable to connect with the computer system and is showing offline. However, if you are experiencing Brother Printer is offline issue very often then it could be because of wifi issues, power supply problems, USB cable connection problems or something else too.
What does Brother Printer Offline Mean?
Though Brother printers are one of the best printers in the market, printer offline problem any arises due to a number of reasons. It can be because of overloaded print jobs, a loose connection, outdated print drivers or more. The culprit can even be the hardware failure, printer offline is a common problem and can happen due to diverse reasons.
Just like any other electronic device, printers are quite sensitive. And as a result, the printer can show offline messages even if the power is disconnected for a minute. In this situation, a reboot of the printer is all you need to fix the problem. However, if the printer offline error is because of some other problem then you will have to follow some troubleshooting solutions to fix Brother printer is offline error.
What are the Reasons for Brother Printer Offline Error?
When your Brother printer is showing offline it clearly means that the printer is unable to connect with the computer and vice-versa. There are several reasons for the Brother printer to show offline. You need to understand the printer offline reason before trying to fix the error.
Before proceeding with the Brother printer offline troubleshooting solutions, make sure you the network connection is established between the printer and the computer.
Outdated Print Drivers: The print drivers that are installed could be outdated, corrupted or simply incompatible. You need to make sure to install the latest version of the print drivers.
Static IP: The port that is assigned to the printer is static. In the case of a dynamic port, the IP address can be altered which can be mismatched with the information on the computer.
Malware Issues: Malware issue is one of the reasons for the Brother printer offline problem.
Use Printer Offline Setting: In Windows OS allows you to use the printer offline. If this option is allowed it can accept print commands when offline, but instead of the printing results in the print queue.
Quick Fixes for Brother Printer Offline Issues
If you are having a printer offline problem in your Brother printer then these are quick solutions that you need to follow.
Disable the Antivirus Software and Firewall
Some of the antivirus software and firewall may cause a problem in the Brother printer and result in printer offline issue. Then, you need to disable the antivirus software and the Firewall software. Once you have disabled the software then run a print test to see the problem is resolved.
Disable SNMP if Enabled
SNMP is network management which is used to collect information and configure network devices. However, sometimes this can result in Bother printer offline problem. So, you need to configure the port settings to disable the SNMP.
- Press Windows + R.
- Then types control and enter.
- Once you reach the control panel select ‘devices and printers’ option. You can find it under the hardware and sounds option.
- Look for your printer and then right-click on it. Select the properties option.
- Now, check the port that connects the printer. Select it and then click on the configure port option.
- As soon as you reach the settings of configuration, disable the SNMP option.
- Now, run a test print to see if the printer offline issue is fixed.
Check the IP Address and its Validity
If the troubleshooting methods are unable to fix the Brother printer offline issue then you need to check the IP address. Make sure the Brother printer does not have a dynamic IP address. If the dynamic IP address is enabled then the printer changes the IP address automatically as soon as the IP expires from the router. Once you check the validity of the IP address you need to make sure that the IP address that is being used is unique and is the same as the one used on the computer.
- Go to the properties of the printer and then click on the Ports option.
- Now, choose the static IP address that your printer can be able to use.
- As soon as you select the port, you will have to configure the port.
- Verify the name and address of the port. Note that they should be corresponding to the system you use.
- Save the changes. And, do not choose the WSD option.
Disable Printer Offline Settings
If you are using Windows 10 then it allows you to print offline. And as a result, you can stack the documents that need to be printed in a print queue and they will be printed once the printer connection resumes. However, sometimes it can cause issues.
- Go to the printer properties.
- Right-click on the Brother printer and select ‘see what’s printing’ option.
- Then select the printer and untick the option of ‘use printer offline’.
Reinstall the Brother Print Drivers
Print drivers can be the reason for Brother printer offline and that is why you need to reinstall it. Outdated, incompatible or corrupted print drivers result in this issue.
- Press Windows + R. Then type devmgmt.msc and then press enter.
- In the device manager, look for the Brother printer and right-click on it.
- Choose to uninstall the device option. Then you will be prompted with delete the drivers’ option then select it.
- Now, turn off the printer and restart it.
These are some of the basic troubleshooting solutions that can fix the Brother printer offline issue. However, if the problem is unresolved make sure to get in touch with the Brother printer technicians for technical support.