Resetting HP Printers
HP printers are one of the best printers in the market. These printers offer a wide selection of printer models that offer top-class printing quality and features. However, just like any other device, even HP printers can face problems. In such a case, resetting HP printers is the best troubleshooting solution that can help in fixing most of the errors.
Resetting a printer is not just about factory reset to default settings. So, before you plan to factory reset the HP printer there are many things that you can try. In this blog, we will discuss some of the most common ways that can help you in resetting HP printers.
Reasons to Restore Factory Default Settings in HP Printer
Though when the HP printer shows errors you need to restore factory default settings. However, there are other reasons when you need to factory reset the HP printer.
- If the internet connection or the router is changed.
- The router settings or access point default settings have been changed.
- You want to set up a brand-new HP printer.
- There is an error 79 in the HP printer.
- The HP printer is unable to connect to the wi-fi.
- Paper jam in the printer.
Printer offline error is not resolving even after following the troubleshooting solutions.
How can you Reset HP Printer?
Here are the steps that can help in resetting HP printers without factory reset to default settings.
Hard Reset HP Printer
If you want to retrieve the default settings of the HP printer then follow these steps.
- Turn on the HP printer and then take out the USB cable.
- If the HP printer uses ink cartridges, then you need to remove the cartridges. Also, wait until the missing ink cartridge message appears on the screen.
- Now, take out the power cord of the HP printer and wait for at least 3-4 minutes.
- Now, attach the power cord back into the HP printer and wait until the printer switches on. If the HP printer does not turn on you need to press the power button on it.
- If the HP printer has ink cartridges then now you need to cover it.
- Now, connect the USB cable back with the printer and the reset is complete.
Restore the Factory Default Settings in HP Printer
If the above-mentioned solution does not seem to work then you are left with no other option, but to factory reset the HP printer.
- Switch on the HP printer and then go to the menu by pressing the menu button on the HP printer.
- Now, navigate the arrow buttons on the screen to go to the ‘Preferences’ option and select it.
- Then select ‘Restore Defaults’ and then press the ok button. This will automatically restore the default settings of the HP printer.
- A confirmation message will be prompted on the screen once the process is complete.
The above-mentioned are some of the steps that can help in resetting HP printers. But if you face trouble while following these steps or are unable to reset the HP printer, it is always good to get help from the experts. The HP printer tech experts guide you through the reset process without any hassle.