Canon Printer is Offline
Canon printers are one of the best in the market. The printers use the latest technology and offer the best features to the users. However, you may come across several issues while using the printer, Canon printer is offline being one the most common one.
If you see an offline message while you just sent a print command to your printer then your Canon printer may be offline. How to fix offline Canon printer? Why my Canon printer is offline, are some of the most obvious questions that could be coming on your mind. But, do not worry as you can easily resolve the printer is offline, issue by following some basic steps.
Canon Printer Offline: How to Fix it?
Reset your Canon Printer
The first thing that you should be doing if you are experiencing printer offline issue in your Canon printer is reset. Resetting the printer can help in fixing many issues and is a very easy process.
- Press the power button. Let the device turn off completely.
- Take out the power cable of the device.
- Plugin the power source and turn on the device.
- Press and hold the power button.
- Now, wait for some time for the device to reboot and fix the Canon printer is offline issue.
Check the Connections
Are you thinking why my Canon printer is offline? Well, when the printer is unable to create a connection with the computer or the network, then you are most likely to experience a problem like Canon printer offline. How to fix it, here is a guide.
- If your Canon printer is connected to the computer using a USB cable. Then, plug in the cable into a different USB port on the computer. If this does not work, try using a different USB cable.
- You can also reset the wireless connection.
Set the Default Printer
If nothing works then you will have to set the default printer on the Windows. Then you will have to change the settings of the printer to ‘default’.
- Press ‘start’ button.
- Select ‘devices and printers’ option here.
- Search for your printer and then right-click on it.
- Click ‘Set as default printer’.
Clear the Print Jobs
Sometime print queue can be the reason why the Canon printer is offline. That is why you need to clean the print jobs.
- Go to the Canon printer and click on it twice.
- Then, go to the ‘printer’ menu and choose ‘cancel all documents’.
- Now, try to print to check if the issue is resolved.
Reinstall the Printer Drivers
If the above-mentioned steps did not work then you will have to re-install the drivers as they could be outdated.
- Go to the ‘settings’ option.
- Now choose ‘useable printer’ option.
- Go to the printer option and right-click. Then, select ‘properties’.
- Now, search for the ‘general or details’ tab and look for the driver. Select the driver and then click on ‘choose again’.
- Now, download the driver from the original website.
Why my Canon Pixma printer is offline is one of the most common issues that you may come across. However, it can be fixed by following these steps. If you are unable to resolve this issue then get in touch with the experts for support and help.