Printer is Offline How to fix? | Printer Offline Windows 10 - Call Toll Free
Does you computer say printer offline how to fix? If yes, it means the printer is
- The printer is either turned off
- The usb cable between the printer and computer is loose
- The printer has lost connection with the wifi
How To Fix Printer Offline?. Get Support for All Printers & change Printer status from “Offline” To “Online” | Printer Offline Windows 10
You should first, check if all cables are connected, the printer is turned on and is not showing any printer errors and that the wifi is working. If all these are correct, try reconnecting the printer to the wifi. If the printer refuses to connect to the wifi, the problem can be a bit deep rooted than first estimated. To troubleshoot the My printer offline Windows 10 issue, we need to first understand how a printer works and what components are involved in its functioning.
Need Help? Change Your Printer Status from Offline to Online with the help of Printer Offline Help & Support
Printer Offline Windows 10 - Troubleshooting
Have you been trying to print something? But it just won’t print, then the most obvious problem is that the my printer offline how to fix?. You need to turn your printer online for it to work efficiently. However, to turn your printer online from Printer offline windows 10 How to fix? or you need to follow a few steps. Sometimes even if the printer is turned on and connected to the personal computer, it may show offline problem.
Our team of experts is well qualified and skilled how to fix my offline printer and other printer related issues in real-time. Especially, when you are in the middle of important work and your PC keeps showing offline problem that it can be very frustrating. These errors can occur due to a number of reasons.
How does the Printer work?
Printer connects to the computer using either a cable or the wifi. As is customary with all new electronics, printers today are shipped with inbuilt wifi radios to make wireless printing possible. Wifi acts as a bridge or an invisible connection between your computer and the how to fix printer Offline windows 10 issue.
Moreover, using wifi printers has the advantage of device independence. You can simply print from any device connected to your home network, so gone are the days of turning on the one system the printer works on.
Why My Printer is Offline How To Fix?
Wireless Printers Offline Windows 10
Wireless printers work over the wireless network. This means, for the printer to work properly, the computer, printer and the router should be part of the same network and all should work properly.
The basic troubleshooting to sort a wireless connection issue with your printer is to turn off and then turn on the printer, wireless router and the computer you are using before retrying.
‘Printer offline’ How to fix? is the most dreaded message when one needs to print some important documents.
The printer is an essential IT device to print out the urgent documents. It works in both the professional and personal setups.
The users cannot afford to see the message that says my ‘printer is offline Windows 10 how to fix’. There are numerous reasons for the issue of printer is offline occurring. The user can fix this issue by himself or get the outside help.
The issue can occur in both the wireless printer and the network printer and here is how one can fix it
1) Rebooting: If the issue of ‘Windows 10 printer is offline’ how to fix? occurs the rebooting can help. When the user gets this message he can reboot his system, shut it down and switch it on again. This should help.
2) Make sure that the printer is plugged in: Sometimes the loose wiring can be the reason for ‘offline’ problem. Ensure that your printer is connected to your system properly. If the problem still persists then you can follow the given steps.
Sign into an account with the ‘Manage Printers’ rights or by a local administrator account. Go to ‘printer and devices’ and click ‘whats printing’. The print spooler window will open up. Check the ‘Use offline Windows 10’ mark. The printer should come back online.
Printer errors can easily arise when you raise your Windows version. You can easily see that some devices don’t function well. Devices like network devices, disk drives, or graphics. Printing is a very effective thing on your computer, and it’s the desire of many that it works for all the time. Few people get a fault like a “printer error code”.
Printer Errors for Removal
Printer Error Code 51–Known to Be Beam Detect Error
How does this error occur? – Error code 51 can point out that the tab on the bottom of the cartridge that opens the laser shutter is missing. It can be an issue with the laser scanner unit on new models.
How to resolve this? – If you are using the old printer, just check if a tab is missing and thus replace the toner cartridge. New modes may request the laser scanner assembly to replace.
Printer Error Code 52- Incorrect Scanner Speed Error
How does this failure occur? – The printer can use the polygon mirror to reflect the laser beam across the imaging unit. The error code and error codes 52.1 and 52.2 indicate an issue with this transform.
How to resolve this? – these faults need assistance from an experienced engineer.
Printer Error Code 54- Printer Error Cycle Power
How does this fault occur? – This error code can arise for many reasons. On some models, this means that the sealing tape has not been removed from the toner cartridge from the engineer.
How to resolve this? – Must check that the tape has been left on the printer cartridges and thus delete it. If not, again this error code needs the assistant from the engineer.
Printer Error Code 55- Internal Communication Problem or Controller Error
How does this error occur? – This is a poor internet connection between the DC controller and formatter. There may be a fault between both of them. This may occasionally be accompanied by faulty users, laser assemblies, firmware DIMMS or driver problems.
How to resolve this error? – These errors may need assistance from the engineer’s help.
Printer Error Code 56- Printer Device Error
How this error occurs? – The error can compare to several issues depending on the model.
How to Resolve This Printer Error?
Try one or better of the following, depending upon your printer:
- Make certain all paper trays are correctly installed.
- Reinstall the stacker or staple/stacker.
- You can try incorrect print clearness through the duplex unit.
- You can try to print an envelope at the same time in duplex mode.
- Check the printer’s configuration to assure it is correct.
- Turn print for about 30 seconds and turn the printer on again.
Thus, following the above printer errors will help you out in resolving the device errors, all you have to do is just call the printer technicians at their toll-free support number and they are ready to help you.
Why my printer offline how to fix Windows 10, it means the system is not able to communicate with the printer. The printer is not able to receive the print command and thus, it does not print. This issue can have a minor fix, like tightening a loose cable or it can have deep roots in the circuitry of the printer or it might turn out to be an issue with the computer you are using. It is a very recurrent issue and can occur due to many different reasons.
The printer may be my offline Windows 10 due to a connectivity issue.
- For wired printers, it might be a loose cable behind the printer or the computer.
- For wifi printers, it can be a wifi coverage issue,
- bad router
- incorrect network connection or incorrect network settings.
Paper jamming in the printer can stop it from functioning and in some cases damage other internal components. This can cause the printer to go offline as a precautionary failsafe.
If there is a malfunction in printer’s hardware then it can show offline status on my Printer in Windows 10 and Mac – how to fix.
Sometimes the printer can have hardware issues that are causing it to go offline. While the well documented faults will generally have a dedicated error code, others can simply say my printer is offline.
Printing is Stuck
Some times when the printing stops all of a sudden due to power cut or corrupted drivers, the print job will be stopped and it gets stuck there.
Some of the Most Common Problems in the Printers
One of the reasons why my printer offline how to fix windows 10? could be because of the outdated drivers. If the driver that you are using is not updated, incompatible or corrupted with the Operating System version, then you may experience offline issue with the printer.
You need to check the connections if your printer is showing on my offline windows 10. Sometimes loose USB connections and damaged USB can result in this problem.
Malware is yet another reason for my Printer is Offline how to fix?. In fact, it is one of the issues that can not only result in this error but also damage the printer’s hardware. So, make sure to use anti-virus software in the device.
Printer is Offline
Is your printer showing offline status? If so, then simply know why the printer is an offline blog post that we are offering you. We will tell you that what are the basic techniques you can use when your printer is offline and how to fix it. Now no more trouble with your printer. no more offline issues at your doorsteps. You can easily call at the printer Technicians for any help as well.
Basic Techniques to Fix “Printer is Offline” Problem
- The printer should be in wake-up mode. There should be no sleep or idle mode in it.
- Reboot your printer & wait for a minute. Now try to print something.
- Cancel the pending print jobs from printers and devices and reboot your laptop or computer once.
- If printer joins with USB, unplug the printer from your computer & plug it in other port of the machine.
- If you are using a wireless printer, you need to ensure that your printer is connected to the Wi-Fi properly.
You may start to follow the upcoming steps if you get an offline error message.
Advanced Guide to Fix Why Printer is Offline Issue
Check Network Connection
Many people deal with printer offline problem for the network connection. They simply connect their computer & printer with different networks.
This is why they are not able to print anything from their printers & receive printer offline error message.
That’s why you need to check the connection first. Be sure your printer and computer are connected with the same network and it should ping successfully.
Setup printer as a Default Printer
If you have installed various printers on your computer, there may be chances you give print command to the wrong printer. there may also be a reason that your printer is showing the offline error message. In this circumstance, go to printer properties from the computer and select your printer as a default printer.
- Go to the control panel by searching in the taskbar and open devices and printers.
- Now right-click on the printer properties and checkmark on Set as default printer.
Restart the printer pool service
If you still get printer is an offline issue, restart the printer pool service.
- Go to the service manager.
- Right-click on print spooler services and click on properties.
- Now click on the reboot button.
Now there will be no questions like “why printer is offline”. We hope that you have understood the basic troubleshooting of printer. now simply dial the Technicians at their toll-free support number and they will be ready to help you out in the matter related to all the printer issues. Simply getting support will help you out in all the troublesome.
If you are facing offline printer windows 10 issue – How to fix? then do not worry as it can be fixed in just a few minutes. Printer showing offline is a very common problem that most of the printer users come across. However, if you need help then get in touch with the printer technicians for support.
Restart the System
- Press and hold the power button and let it shut down.
- Take out the plug of the printer from the power source.
- Wait for a minute.
- Plugin the power source and press the power button.
- Wait for some time for the printer to reboot
Paper jamming can be the reason why the printer is showing on my offline Windows 10 – How to fix?.
- Remove the paper that is jammed carefully.
- If the ink cartridge is an empty turn off the printer.
- Change the ink cartridge and check if the problem is resolved.
Change the Printer Settings to Default
If the above-mentioned steps are not able to fix my printer is offline how to fix Windows 10 issue then you will have to reset the printer settings to default.
Check the Connectivity
The printer can go offline if it is not able to connect with the computer.
Check the USB connection through which a printer and the computer are connected. Plug in to a different USB port.
If you are experiencing my offline issue on your printer then you will have to troubleshoot this issue. Here are the steps that you need to follow how to fix printer is showing offline issues on Windows 10 and Mac OS.
Why Printer is Offline
Are you unable to print because the my printer is offline? Are you wondering why my printer is offline? Then you must understand that printer offline problem arises when the printer is unable to communicate with the device and hence it shows printer offline.
In this blog, we will help you identify some of the most common printer offline problems and troubleshooting solutions.
Why My Printer is Offline?
If your printer shows offline then the first thing that you should be doing is to check the network connections. And if the network connection seems to be working properly then you can try updating the drivers. When the my printer shows offline option then this means that it will not be able to print anything. However, you do not have to worry as this issue can be quickly fixed by following the solutions mentioned in this blog.
Troubleshooting Tips for My printer Offline
If you are wondering why the printer is offline then there are several reasons for this. However, you can fix the printer is offline issue by following these methods.
Set the Default Printer Manually
If printer is offline is the problem then you can try setting the printer to default. However, the steps vary for different Windows versions.
For Windows 7,8:
- Go to Windows and then select the ‘device and printers’ option.
- Now, right-click on the printer which you want to change the settings.
- Then, select set as default.
- Now run a print test to see if the issue is fixed.
For Windows 10:
- Go to the Windows and then select printers and scanners option.
- Untick the let windows manage my default printer box.
- Select the printer then you want to set to default and then choose to manage option. If you are unable to find the printer simply select the offline one.
- Now, go to Manage your device and select as default.
Restart the device
To resolve the printer offline problem, you can try to restart the device to prepare it for the wireless connection.
- Switch off the my printer and wait for at least 10 seconds.
- Take out the plug of the printer from the power source.
- Switch off the device that you are using to send print from.
- Plugin the cable of the printer and then turn on the printer.
- Take out the power chord from the wireless router and then wait for a few seconds.
- Plugin the power cord of the router and then turn on the router.
- Run a test print to check the my printer offline issue is fixed or not.
Fix USB Print Connections
- Take down the printer and the computer.
- Check the USB cable and see if there is any loose connection or damaged cable.
- Also, check the USB cable is completely secured on both ends.
- Try connecting the printer and the computer using a different USB port.
- Now, turn on the printer and computer to check the problem is resolved.
These solutions will surely help in fixing my printer is offline issue. But if the problem persists then get in touch with the printer technicians as they can help you best in understanding why my printer is offline and how to fix it.
Printer Says Offline
My printer says offline, things are not working fine with your printer and for that, you need to get your printer back to work. printer can go offline at times when you try to make your printer over time. When your printer is not working fine then a status message of offline or printer offline will show on the computer and the printer will not print. You can resolve this issue with the help of the recommended solution given below.
Here Are the Troubleshooting Steps That Can Remove Your Printer Says Offline Error
Step 1- Manually Set the Default Printer for Windows 10
Be sure that the default printer driver matches the printer you are using for print.
How to Set your Default Printer in Windows 10
- Search Windows for devices, and then click Printers & scanners from the list of results.
- If it is checked, uncheck the box beside Let Windows manage my default printer.
- Among the list of printers, tap the printer name that matches the name of your printer, and click on manage. If there are multiple names listed, select the printer that has a status of idle or online.
- In the manage your device section, tap on the Set as default option.
- Simply try to print, if the my printer says offline issue, continue to next step.
How to Set Your Default Printer in Windows 8 and 7
- Search Windows for devices, and then click Devices and Printers from the list of results.
- Right-click the name of the printer that is active (not grayed out), and then select Set as Default Printer.
- Try to print. If the printer remains offline, continue to the next step.
Troubleshoot the Printer Connection
Troubleshoot connection issues with Wi-Fi printer connection
- Step 1- Restart Your Devices
To prepare your printer for a wireless connection, restart the printer, computer, and router.
- Turn the printer off, and then wait 10 seconds.
- Disconnect the printer power cord from the printer.
- Turn off the computer or the device you are trying to print from.
- Connect the printer power cord to the printer, and then turn on the printer.
- Disconnect the power cord from your wireless router, and then wait 10 seconds.
- Again, connect the power cord to the router.
- Turn on the computer.
Step 2: Connect the Printer to Your Network
Connect the printer to your network using the wireless setup wizard (for printers with a touchscreen control panel), WPS (if supported by your router), or the Smart software.
Step 3: Print a Wireless Network Test Report
Go to Customer Support, select your printer model and find out “printing self-test pages”. Print a wireless network test report and follow instructions on the report for troubleshooting the wireless connectivity issues
However, if you are not able to get your printer back to work again then you can simply call at the toll-free support number of Printer technicians. We are available for 24 hours and 7 days for your service and this lets you get service at your comfort.
To resolve printer is showing offline issue on Windows 10 you need to follow these steps or how to fix?.
- Go to the start button and then click on the ‘Control Panel’ and then select ‘Device and Printers’ option.
- Now, right-click on to the printer image below the ‘Printers and Faxes’ option. Then, select ‘See what’s printing’ option.
- Click on ‘Printer’ and then untick the ‘Use my printer is offline how to fix on windows 10 and pause printing’ option on the new window.
- If these steps are unable to fix the issue right-click on the printer image and select ‘Troubleshoot’. If the Windows 10 detect ‘network connection’ issue then follow the below steps.
- Go to the ‘Network and Sharing’ option.
- If it shows ‘not connected’ then click on the ‘ethernet option.
- A new window will open. Here select ‘Turn on network discovery’ and ‘turn on file and printer sharing’ option.
What to do When your Printer is Offline in Windows 10? - Quick Fix
If your printer is offline how to fix windows 10, thus you won’t be able to print because your printer is not showing any online status.
The process of turning your printer from offline windows 10 to online is easy as it can take merely a few seconds for the status to change from offline to online.
Generally, the printer will go on in the offline state even after the printer is in “on” state. There are plenty of reasons why Windows may not find the printer is online and we try our finest to discover out the precise solutions for you.
Steps to Resolve the Issue if your Printer is Offline - how to fix? Windows 10
Step 1-Try Using the Printer Software
If you are even facing the my printer is an offline windows 10 issue how to fix, directly use the printer software that came with the printer.
Printer utilities can find the printer on the network and correct any issue that causes the printer to go offline.
Step 2-Set Printer Online
Many times, you will face that the printer is online and connected, settings may not be correct. To correct the settings, quietly open the printer queue by visiting the devices and printers’ sections in the control panel and double click on the printer. Click on the printer in the menu bar and then make certain you uncheck the “pause printing” and “use my printer offline how to fix windows 10”
Step 3- Run the Troubleshooter
If the issue is with the Windows printing subsystem, running the troubleshooter may help. You can run the troubleshooter by directly following the step 1 to go to manage your device screen for my printer. Once you are there, you will see the “run the troubleshooter” link. Now click on that and it would check the spooler service, network settings, etc.
Step 4- Check Printer Port
If nothing has worked for you, there are chances that the problem is associated to port configuration. This point will hardly apply to a network printer, that has an IP address. The main reason for this problem is of IP address. Maybe the IP address of the printer has been changed but the port configuration still points to old IP address.
Step 5- Remove and Re-Add Printer
If you can’t get the my printer working still, thus your best option might be to remove it and thus re-install it. Just as the windows install a printer, it would find it, check all the settings and make clear that the driver for the my printer is installed correctly. You may eliminate the printer by going to control panel>devices and printers>right click on printer>remove the device. It’s a great idea for restarting the computer before you reinstall the printer.
Step 6- Reinstall the Printer Driver
There may chance that the issue is related with your printer driver. If that’s the case, you should download the latest driver for your printer with the help of printer technicians. Before you do this, it’s a great idea to remove the current print driver. Reinstalling my printer driver will resolve my printer offline how to fix on windows 10 issue simply.
Step 7- Power Cycle of Devices
Simply try power cycling the printer and computer for making your printer come out of the offline state. This can fix the issue a lot of times. Simply turn off your printer and then turn off your computer as well. Now power on your printer and wait until it is connected with the network. If you use USB cable, simply wait till the printer is finished starting up.
Again, turn up your computer and see if the printer is still showing up my offline Windows 10 or not. Make certain the printer is turned off and it’s not in the power-saving mode. If you are not sure, the best thing is to do unplug the printer for about 30 seconds.
How to Get My Printer Online Windows 10
This post will easily tell you how to get a My printer online in Windows 10. There can be many reasons for this issue and you will find below steps very easy to get helped. In today’s modern life, printers can go offline due to paper jams, minor connection issues, out of jam issues. Many times the problem can happen due to printer drivers are out of date or corrupted and has some other hardware issues. Your printer should come back online once the reason of it being offline is fixed. This fact holds in case of problems like paper jams, the printer is going out of paper and minor hardware issues that are preventing the printer from being available online. Mostly clearing the issue is not enough and you need to go manually to make the printer online on your windows computer.
Easy Steps That Can Make the Printer Online in Windows 10
- Click on Windows 10 Start button and then click on the Device Manager Option in the menu that appears.
- Do this on the device manager screen, firstly click on the action tab in the top menu and then click on Devices and Printers option in the drop-down menu.
- Do this step on the devices and printers screen, just right click on the my offline printer (it would appear as Faded) and then click on See what’s printing option in the contextual menu.
- On the next screen, click on the Use my Printer Offline option, to remove the tick mark on this item & wait for the printer to go online.
- When the printer goes online, it will print whatever you wanted to print in the queue.
However, if the option for making the printer online is blocked out or if the printer comes online briefly and then goes back offline again, it is time to troubleshoot the printer issue on your computer.
- Just click on the windows 10 start button and click on the settings icon.
- Click on the devices option on the settings screen.
- On the Next Screen, click on the Troubleshoot option in the side menu and then click on the Printer option.
- In the Expanded Printer Menu, click on Run the Troubleshooter Option.
- Allow the Windows Troubleshooter to run and it will come up with suggestions to fix the problem. In this circumstance, the suggestion will be to make the printer a default my printer. The suggestion in your case may be to update the driver or anything else.
- Just click on apply this fix and follow the next instruction.
How to Get My Printer Online in Windows 10- Error Removed Easily?
You can call at the printer technicians support phone number if you want to resolve your offline error on the printer. They will help you easily and they will let your errors removed simply with just a few minutes of questioning, answering and diagnosing. So why wait for more? Just dial them today!
How to Fix My Printer When Offline Windows 10
You just gave a print command but your computer is saying printer is offline. So, what does this mean and how to fix printer when offline Windows 10? Printer is offline is a very common problem that one can experience in their my printer at any given point of time. If you are having a printer is offline problem then it certainly means that the printer is unable to receive commands from your computer. However, it can be very frustrating as it won’t get the print job done. But you can fix my offline problems by following a few troubleshooting tips.
Why My Printer is Offline Windows 10
My Printer showing offline on Windows 10 is one of the most common issues that is experienced by most of the printer users. Printer offline simply means that the printer is unable to connect with the device. However, if you want to fic printer offline issue then you also need to find out the reason behind the problem. And that is surely not easy as there could be many reasons behind this problem. However, most of the time are printer is offline Windows 10 then you can fix the issue by restarting the my printer. It can fix a lot of issues with the printer and also change the printer from offline to online. But if the printer is connected to the computer then restarting the printer won’t fix the problem. You will have to follow the troubleshooting solutions to fix the issue
Why your Printer is Showing Offline on Windows 10?
Though there is no particular reason for the my printer is offline problem. But, improper connection, weak wi-fi signal, damaged or incompatible printer drivers, a problem in print spooler, an issue in the hardware or USB connections are some of the most obvious reasons.
Troubleshooting Solutions to Fix Printer is Offline Windows 10
Now, that you know some of the most basic reasons for my printer offline problems you shall understand the solutions that fix it. The solutions mentioned below will help you fix my printer showing offline on Windows 10 problem.
Verify the Internet Connection
As mentioned earlier weak or poor internet connection is one of the most common reasons for the printer is offline. Here is how you can troubleshoot my printer is offline Windows 10.
- Turn off the computer and then turn off the printer as well. Then, press and hold the power button on the printer for 20-30 seconds.
- Take out all the connections and then re-connect the cables using the USB cable. Make sure it is connected properly from the printer to the computer using the USB cable.
- If you are using the ethernet port to connect the printer and the computer then make sure the connection is established properly.
- If you are using a wireless network the check printer is connected to the network of the computer.
Change the Status of the Printer
- Press the Windows + R key.
- Now, type ‘control printers’ on the search bar and then select ‘device and printers’ option.
- Now, go to your printer and right-click and choose ‘select as default’ from the available options.
- Now, right-click and select ‘see what’s printing’ option.
- Now, the printer queue will appear on the screen. Check if there are any unfinished tasks.
- Remove all of the unfinished tasks.
- Also, untick the ‘use my printer offline’ option from the queue.
Also, untick the ‘pause printing’ option as well
Update the Outdated Drivers
- Go to Windows + R.
- Type < services.msc > and press enter.
- Go to ‘print spooler services and right-click.
- Select stop option then.
- Go to Windows + R.
- Type < printui.exe/s/t2 and enter.
- Go to < printer server properties > and find the faulty printer.
- Remove the printer and when prompted remove the driver as well.
- Now go to services.msc and go to ‘print spooler’ and right-click it.
- Choose start.
- Now, download the latest driver version from an authentic site.
These are some of the most common troubleshooting solutions to fix my printer is offline Windows 10 problem. However, if you are confused or are unable to fix it get in touch with the technicians for support.
Why my Printer Showing Offline?
Most of the time if you are seeing that the computer is saying the printer is offline status then this means that it is not connected with the computer. However, there are many reasons that the printer would go offline even when the print command is accepted by the printer.
One of the main causes, why my printer is showing offline how to fix Windows 10, is because of a problem in the internet connection. However, the other reason why the computer is saying the printer is offline is that the IP address is not configured properly.
Here is How to Fix My Printer When Offline
Verify the Connections of the Printer
Usually, when you see my windows 10 printer offline how to fix, then it simply means that the printer is unable to establish a connection with the printer. This can be through USB cable or even the network connections. So, the first thing that you should be doing is to check the cable connections.
- Try restarting the printer. And then wait.
- Verify the connections of your printer.
- If you are using a USB cable to connect the printer with the computer then make sure the connections are connected properly. Also, make sure the USB port you are using is correct.
- If the printer is using a wired internet connection then make sure the cable is connected properly using the ethernet port.
- For wireless network Make sure to check the printer is connected to your computer or Windows 10 OS.
Update the Printer Drivers
The offline problem can also arise if the issue is in the drivers. The drivers can be corrupted or incompatible.
- Go to the official website of the printer and then download the latest version of the drivers from here. Otherwise, you can follow this method:
- Install the driver easy. Run the software and click on the scan option. Then select the update option. Once the update is complete check if the offline problem is resolved or not.
Restart the Print Spooler
How to fix my Offline Printer windows 10 is a problem that can also arise if the print spooler is not working properly. Follow these steps to fix the problem.
- Press Windows + R.
- Type services.msc and then enter.
- Press ‘P’ on the keyboard to search for print spooler quickly.
- If you are unable to see print spooler then right-click on print spooler service and then select the start option.
You can also right-click print spooler and then restart.
These are some of the most common problems that you may come across and why the printer is offline problem may arise. However, if the problem is unresolved then get help from the technical support team on how to fix my printer when offline windows 10.
How to Fix My Printer that is Offline
If you just gave a print command from your device and the printer just won’t print, then the printer may be offline. My Offline issue on windows 10is one of the most common issues that you may come across while using printers. You just cannot print until the printer goes online. The easiest and quickest thing that you can do fix this problem is to restart your printer and wait for a while for the printer to go online from offline.
However, changing the status of your printer from offline to online is not so simple and usually, it won’t be fixed just by restarting the printer. Sometimes the printer may be my offline even when you turn it on and is connected to the computer. So how can you fix a printer that is offline? Why is your printer is offline? We will discuss all this in this blog.
Why is My Printer Offline?
Offline is a common issue which means that the printer you are using is unable to establish a connection or communicate with the computer. If you are a printer is connected to the computer and you are wondering why my printer is offline? Then, you must know that offline can be because of several reasons.
Most Common Reasons for My Printer Offline Problems
Outdated or Corrupted Drivers
If you do not upgrade drivers from time to time then it may result in printer offline how to fix problem. Moreover, you need to download drivers from an authentic site.
Sometimes if the USB is not attached properly or has a loose connection or is damaged it can cause a problem in the printer. So, check the connections of the USP port.
Printing Job is Stuck
When the print drivers are incompatible or damaged, or if the power source turned off all of a sudden, it can result in print queues or stuck printing and as a result, your printer may go my offline on windows 10.
Viruses can not only corrupt the printer but also damage the printing functions. Malware is yet another reason you are wondering why my printer is offline.
Poor Internet Connection
Sometimes poor internet connection or wi-fi signals can result can be the reason why my printer is offline windows 10. And, that is why your printer is disconnected.
How to Fix My Printer That is Offline?
Though the my printer is showing offline on Windows 10 is very frustrating but it can be resolved. Here are some of the tips you can follow to fix a printer that is offline.
- Restart/Power cycle the printer. It may sound very easy but yes power cycling the printer can fix a lot of issues and offline is one of them. Just turn off the print, unplug it, wait for a minute or so and then turn it on.
- Check the connections of the printer with the device and the network. If the printer is connected through the cables make sure to check the connections, however, if the printer is a wireless check whether it is connected to the network or not.
- If the printer is set to use offline, then change the settings. Go to the Start > Control Panel > Devices and Printers > Open Queue > Printer tab > Untick ‘Use how to fix my Offline Printer windows 10’.
Update the drivers and make sure the latest version is installed and is compatible with the printer.
Windows 7, 8, 10 My Printer Offline How To Fix?
When there you are using Windows 7, 8, 10 and my printer is offline error occurs then it can be very frustrating. This is because the printer is not able to connect with the computer and hence the error occurs. Usually, this happens when there is a problem in the network connection, faulty or incompatible drivers, the print jobs are delayed or pending print jobs. You need to change the my offline status to online, for the printer to function efficiently.
Usually when people use Windows 7, 8, 10 my offline error is very common. The error can occur due to several reasons. In this blog, we will cover the solutions that can fix offline in Windows 7, 8, 10 OS
Quick Fixes to Resolve My Printer Offline Error in Windows 7, 8, 10
While Windows 7, 8, 10 offline is very common. It is important to change the offline status to online windows 10, to use the printer again. Here are a few quick fixes for you to follow.
Check the Connections of the Printer
The first thing that you need to do is to check the connections of the printer. Check the USB cable that connects the printer and the personal computer is not damaged or loose. Also, make sure the my printer is connected to a power socket that supplies electric current. If you are using a wireless printer then you need to restart the router because it may be causing a problem in the network connection.
Install Updated Version of the Printer Drivers
Windows 7, 8, 10 my printer offline how to fix error can also occur if the driver is outdated and incompatible with the OS. To fix this problem you need to download the latest version of the printer drivers from an official website. So, make sure to install the updated version of the drivers.
How To Fix Printer Error in Windows 7, 8, 10
If there are any changes in the printer spooler settings then that can cause my printer offline error in Windows 7, 8, 10. In such a case, you need to follow a few troubleshooting solutions.
- Press Windows + R.
- When the run box appears, you need to type services.msc and then press ok on the screen or enter on the keyboard.
- A new window will open that will show you a complete list of Windows services. Then go to print spooler option and click on it twice to manage the print jobs.
- Once you are directed to print spooler properties you will have to configure the startup type services to automatic. Check the print spooler setup and change the settings from manual to automatic.
- Now, click on the start button and wait until Windows 7, 8, 10 starts the spooler services.
- Then, click on the apply option to confirm the changes done.
If the Printer spooler status does not change then follow these steps.
- Press Windows.
- Now, go to the Devices and Printers option.
- Then go to the printer model and right-click on it. Now choose ‘see what’s printing’ option.
A new window will open, here untick the ‘use my printer offline Windows 10’ option.
To resolve the printer is showing offline option on Mac follow these steps.
- Go to the Apple Menu. Go to ‘System preferences’ option and select it.
- Click on the ‘Scan and print’ option. Select the printer. Find ‘Open print queue’ option and click on it. Select the printer job and then remove it.
These are some of the things that you need to know about my printer offline how to fix? issue. However, if the printer keeps showing offline error then get in touch with the technical team for support and guidance. We are one-call-away for your help.
How to Fix Offline Printer
My Printer is offline windows 10 – how to fix is one of the most common issues that my printer users face while sending printing commands. It is very obvious that for a my printer to work efficiently it has to be online and establish a connection with the PC or computer. Usually, when you face offline error it means that there is something that is blocking your printer from connecting with the computer. This also means that you cannot use offline so you need to fix it. The error can occur because of a number of reasons however, poor internet connection is one of the most common reasons for my printer offline how to fix issues.
In this blog, we will discuss some of the most common troubleshooting tips that can help you in fixing the my offline issue in Printer windows 10.
How to Fix My Printer That is Offline?
The most basic troubleshooting step when you are trying to learn how to fix a printer that is my offline windows 10 is power cycling the device and the system you are using. This step is very easy yet it can fix a lot of errors and can also resolve the offline issue.
- Turn off the printer as well as the computer.
- Wait for a moment.
- And the turn on the printer.
- Wait for the printer to be connected to the network.
- If you use a USB cable then wait until the printer starts.
- Now turn on your computer.
- Now, check if the my offline windows 10 issue is resolved or not.
Check the Connection of the Printer
Make sure the printer is connected to the computer properly. Check whether all the cables of plugged in properly and there are no loose connections.
Check the Printer Settings
Sometimes the printer can be set to ‘use my printer offline how to fix windows 10’ option and as a result, it can show offline status. Here is what you can do.
For Windows 10: Go to the search bar and select printers and scanners option.
For Windows 7 and 8: Go to the start option. Then select the control panel and then select devices and printers. Now, select the printer and then select an open queue.
Uninstall and Reinstall the Printer
Uninstalling and then reinstalling my printer can fix a lot of issues. It basically refreshes the printer and is one of the best troubleshooting steps for how to fix offline printer windows 10.
- If you have Windows 10 then, type printers in the search box and then choose Printers and scanners option. For Windows 7 or 8, search features and then select apps feature option.
- Now choose the printer that is offline windows 10. Select remove or uninstall option.
- Furthermore, follow the instructions on the screen to fix the issue.
What Does It Mean When My Printer Is Offline & How to Fix - Windows 10
So you want to print a document and you chose the “print” option and selected your favorite printer and nothing happens, you have come across the my printer offline windows 10 how to fix. So What does it mean when a printer is offline how to fix? This simply means that the printer is showing the printer is offline issue that can be removed quickly by doing some simple steps to get back your printer online easily and quickly.
There may be a chance that your printer shows the offline status in your printers control panel because you may not have connected the printer and computer with the network properly.
Why My Printer is Offline How to Fix - The Steps
- The first step to getting out of the my printer offline how to fix on windows 10 this issue is by rebooting the printer by shutting it off and turning it back on again. This can take up to two or three minutes.
- Confirm that the printer is plugged into your computer or it should have some network connectivity. If the printer is a network unit, discover the link light on the back of the printer to ensure that it has a green light.
- Log your computer in by using an account that has “manage printers”. In most cases, a local administrator account is sufficient.
- Click on the “start” button and thus click on the “devices and printers”.
- Just right click on the printer and chose “see what’s printing” to display the printer spooler window.
- Click on the “printer” and chose “use my printer offline how to fix” for removing the checkmark. The printer should come online at this time. If the printer does not come online, continue to follow the below steps.
- You can close the print spooler window & return to “devices and printers”.
- Open web browser & download the latest driver for your printer from the Printer Technicians website.
- What does it mean when a printer is offline? Simply follow the instructions that come up with the driver to install it. If you are not able to print online, continue to step 10.
- Tap on the start button and click “control panel”.
- Type “troubleshooter” (without quotation marks) in the Search box at the upper-right corner of the windows 10. Tap on the troubleshooting link when it shows in the main window.
- Tap on “use a printer” in the hardware and sound option.
- Follow the on-screen instructions. The troubleshooter will attempt to identify and fix the printer is offline windows 10 issue. If it’s not able to identify it, it would provide you further details on addressing issues.
If above Things Does Not Work for You- Reinstall the Drivers
- For reinstalling the drivers, visit “settings” and then “printers” and chose the printer.
- Right-click on the printer and choose “Properties”.
- Under the “General” or “Details” look for the driver button, select it and choose the driver again.
- You can also download the driver with the help of Printer Technicians.
- Reinstall the printer. Go back and select the printer in the “printers” in the “settings” menu.
- Eliminate the printer from the menu and reinstall it again by using “add a printer” wizard.
- You can use the latest printer driver from the Printer technician’s website.
- You can easily get rid of My printer offline how to fix windows 10 by giving a call at the Printer Technicians at their toll-free support number.
How Do I Get My Printer Online
You want to print a document but it is showing printer is offline again and again. Then what to do if printer is offline? Are you thinking How do I get my printer online? Undoubtedly, printer offline is one of the most frustrating things you can see while you are trying to print sometime. But do not worry as it can be easily fixed. Sometimes when printing the device may show printer offline and that can be because the printer is not able to establish a connection with the computer. Sometimes the device may think that the printer is offline but it is about to start the printing. However, sometimes the problem can also occur because of several other problems. The printer offline issue can be resolved by following a few troubleshooting tips. So, what to do if printer is offline?
How Do I Get My Printer Online from Offline?
Follow these steps to fix the printer is showing offline problem. Make sure you follow the exact steps one by one.
Check the Cables and Physical Printers
Sometimes the problem may arise because of the printer and the computer connection. Make sure to check the USB cables and check they are connected properly. If the printer is connected through a wired connection then check the ethernet cable. Fore wireless printer connections check the internet connection and also see if the router is working properly.
If you are using a USB port to connect the printer then make sure to use multiple ports and check the connection. If the printer offline problem persists then try to use another cable. This would help you in fixing all of the connections.
Set the Printer Online
- Go the start button on the left corner of the screen,
- Then select ‘control panel’ and then choose ‘devices and printers’.
- Go to the printer that you want to set online and then right-click to choose ‘select what’s printing’.
- A new window will open, here you will have to select the ‘printer’ option.
- Now, go to the drop-down menu and select ‘use printer online’.
Remove the Incomplete Printing Jobs
- Go to the ‘see what’s printing’ option as mentioned in the last point.
- Right-click to cancel incomplete print jobs.
- Once the print jobs have been cleared select the ‘use printer online’ option.
Remove the Drivers
Corrupted or outdated drivers are again one of the most common reasons for printer offline. But what to do I printer is offline? You can remove the driver.
- Go to the start.
- Select All Programs.
- Then Accessories > Command Prompt.
- Here type ‘printui /s/t2. You will reach to printer service properties.
- Remove the Driver and Package.
- Select add printer option on Devices and Printers.
You can follow these steps to troubleshoot printer offline problems. But if these steps just did not work and you are still thinking how do I get my printer online? Then it is best to get in touch with a team of experts for technical help.
What Does Offline Mean on a Printer
Is your printer showing offline how to fix? What does offline mean on a printer? Offline windows 10 simply means that you have not connected the printer with the computer properly or there is some issue in the connection. However, sometimes you may come across my printer offline how to fix this issue due to several other reasons. But the good thing is that all these issues can be resolved quickly in just a matter of a few minutes. In most cases, you will be able to turn your printer online however, if not, then try to get help from the technical support team.
In this blog, we will learn in detail why your computer is saying My printer is offline windows 10? And how to change offline status to online.
What Does Printer Offline Mean?
My Printer offline how to fix windows 10 – Offline status is a very common issue that may arise because of several reasons. Primarily, the issue occurs when the printer is unable to connect to the computer. This can happen because of paper jamming, network connection issue, malware, USB cable problem or some other issue. Sometimes the issue can be technical and may require technical support from the team.
Here are some of the most common reasons why your computer is saying offline.
Printer Driver Problem: If the printer driver is incompatible, outdated or damaged it could be the reason why the printer is showing offline.
Internet Connection Issues: Weak WiFi signals and poor internet connectivity can result in offline problem. It is because the printer is unable to connect to the printer.
Poor USB connection: A loose USB connection or damaged USB cable can result in my offline issue windows 10.
How to Resolve Computer is Saying Printer Offline Issue?
Now, that you know what does offline mean on a printer, it is a must to understand how to resolve printer offline how to fix windows 10 issue. Follow these steps to resolve the offline problem.
Check the USB Cable and the Printer
You need to check both the ends of the USB cable and see if they are connected properly. If the printer you are using is networked then check for the ethernet cable. If the printer is wireless, then check the internet connection and the router.
If you are using a USB connection then make sure to check the cable on multiple USB ports. Also, check by using a different cable to make sure the problem is not in the cable. If you are using a network or wireless, then try attaching to another cable to see if the printer is working properly.
Set Printer Online Manually – Windows 10 Printer Offline Fix
You will have to follow these steps to set a printer online.
- Go to the start option and then select the control panel. Here choose ‘devices and printers.
- Right-click on the printer you want to set online and then choose select what’s printing.
- Then a new window will open, here you will have to select the printer from the menu.
- Then, choose the printer online option.
Remove Pending Print Jobs
- Follow the above-mentioned steps to ‘see what’s printing’.
- Then right-click to cancel any print jobs that are shown.
- Once the print jobs are removed select ‘use printer offline how to fix’.
Remove and Re-install the Printer
- Go to the Start > Control Panel > Devices and Printers.
- Then go to Remove Devices.
- Once the printer is removed ‘Add the Printer’ by selecting the ‘Devices and Printers’ option.
These are some of the most basic steps that will help you in how to fixing my printer offline windows 10 problems. However, if you want to know in detail what does offline mean on a printer and how to resolve it, get in touch with the technical support team.
My Printer is Offline
Are you wondering why my Printer is offline? Then do not worry as this is a very common problem that every printer user comes across while using printers. However, while trying to print some important document printer offline error can be very frustrating. There can be multiple reasons behind this error however, the good news is that you can fix it very easily.
In this blog, we will help you fix the my printer offline issue.
Why is My Printer Offline?
My printer is offline typically means that your printer is unable to establish a connection with the computer and as a result, it is showing printer offline error. Typically, the error can arise because of internet connection issues however, the cause is not just restricted the wi-fi connections. Sometimes it can be because of USB connection, malware issues, outdated printers, or because of several other reasons.
Weak Wi-Fi Signals: Poor internet connection or weak wi-fi signals could be the reason your printer is showing offline.
Outdated drivers: The printer starts showing an offline error if the drivers are not updated.
USB Connections: The USB cable connected with the printer and the computer must be proper. Also, make sure it is not damaged.
Steps to Fix Printer Offline Issues | Change Printer Offline to Online
If you are having printer is offline problem then you will have to follow these steps to fix this issue.
Check the USB Connections
- First of all, check the USB connections. If the USB cable is damaged you need to replace it. Try connecting the USB cable by using a different USB port on the device.
Check the Wireless Network
- Check the printer is connected to the Wi-fi network or not.
- Make sure the PC is also connected to the same network.
- Then, reboot/restart the PC and the router to fix the issue.
Change the Use Printer Offline Setting
If you use a Windows operating system and the printer is showing offline then there are high chances that you have selected ‘use printer offline’ option.
- Press Windows + R keys on the keyboard.
- Then you will be directed to the Control panel and press ok.
- Choose ‘devices and printers’ option.
- Find your printer and then right-click on it.
- Now, untick the use printer offline option.
- Run attest print to see if the problem is fixed.
Remove the Printer and then Add Printer
If you have tried everything but still printer is offline then you will have to remove the printer and then add it again.
- Press Windows + R. Go to the control panel.
- Choose ‘devices and printers’ option.
- Find your printer, click on it and then select remove.
- Once the printer is removed, restart the device and then go to ‘devices and printers.
- Now, click on add a device.
- Then you will have to click on add a network, wireless, Bluetooth option.
- Now, you will see the options in the network. Then choose your printer model here.
Select the printer and it will be added.
These are the steps that will help you fix the my printer is offline. However, if you need more guidance then it is better to get in touch with printer technicians and understand why my printer is offline and guidance on how to fix it.
Why is My Printer Offline? Here is a Complete Solution
So, are you facing printer offline issue on windows 10? Is that the question on your mind? Offline is a very common error that you may face in the printer in all kinds of printers. So, do not panic as there are many who are facing the same issue. Most of the printer users come across this problem at some point in time. Though over the years the printers are designed keeping in mind the latest technology still printer offline how to fix this error is very common.
Offline simply means that your printer is unable to establish a connection with the Personal Computer or any other device.
In this blog, we are going to cover some of the most common methods and solutions that can help in resolving why is my printer is offline windows 10 error.
Why is My Printer Offline? Quick Fixes to Resolve the Problem?
My Printer offline error occurs when the printer is unable to establish a connecting with the computer. This error can occur because of several reasons, poor wi-fi signals, outdated drivers, improper configurations, pending print jobs being the most common reasons. Whatever, the reason is you will not be able to print anything unless you change the my offline status online. Unfortunately, there is no one method that you can follow to fox why my printer is offline issue. You will have to undergo a couple of steps to fix the offline status. And, if you are not willing to spare that much of time and want this error to resolve quickly. Get in touch with the technical experts for the printer for help. They will assist you step by step to fix the windows 10 printer is my offline issue.
Steps how to Fix Why My Printer Offline Problem
If your printer is showing offline then there are a couple of troubleshooting solutions that you can follow to change the offline status to online.
Power Cycle the Device
One of the easiest ways to resolve windows 10 my printer offline how to fix the offline status is by power cycling. All you need to do is power cycle the device and the printer. The first step is to turn off the printer and the PC. Then wait for some time and then turn on both the device. Now, see if the printer and computer can connect with the network.
Try Using the Printer Software
If my offline is the problem then then you can try using the software to fix this issue. The software can often help in detecting the issues in the printer and help in resolving the problem.
Check the ‘Set my Printer Online’ Setting
Many times, you may face offline error windows 10 not because there is a problem in the printer or the computer but because the settings are not configured properly.
Incorrect printer settings can often result in why my printer offline problem.
- Open the control panel and then select the ‘devices and printers’ option.
- Click on the printer twice that is showing the problem.
- Now, if the printing is paused untick the option.
- Also, untick ‘use printer is offline’ option.
Verify the Port of the Printer
If the basic solutions mentioned above have not been able to help in fixing the problem. Then there is a possibility of having an issue in the port of the printer. However, most of the times this problem is only associated with the printers that are not wireless and have an IP address. It results in printer is offline problem because the IP address is changed to new but the printer is still configured to the old IP address – My Printer Says Offline Windows 10 fix.
- First of all, search for the IP address of the printer.
- If you are unable to find the IP address of the printer then you can get help from the technical experts who have deep knowledge about the printers.
- If you know the IP address then open the Control Panel and then select the ‘Device and Printers’ option.
- Right-click on the printer that is showing offline and then chooses the printer’s properties option here.
- Select the port and then click to configure the port.
- This will point out the IP address of the printer. If the IP Address is not the same then simply update it.
Remove the Printer and then Add it Again
If the printer is showing offline then the next thing that you need to be doing is removing the printer from the computer and then re-adding it. When you re-install the printer, it can help in detecting the issue.
- Open Control Panel and then go to ‘Devices and Printers’.
- Right-click on the printer that is showing offline status.
- Now, select ‘remove the device’ option.
- To add the printer, you will have to follow the same steps but in the last step select ‘Add printer’ option. If you are unable to add the printer then get in touch with the tech experts’ team for help. As they can guide you in resolving my printer offline how to fix this status.
Try Running the Troubleshooter – Windows 10 Printer is Offline Fix
So, by now if there is nothing that has worked in resolving why my printer is offline problem. Then there are chances of having a problem in the printer subsystem of Windows. You can fix the my offline problem on Windows OS. Go to the control panel > Devices and Managers. And then select run the troubleshooter option.
Uninstall/Reinstall the Printer Drivers
My Printer Drivers are very important as the software helps the printer in understanding the command of the computer. Why my printer is offline windows 10 fix, the problem can occur if the printer drivers are outdated or simply incompatible?
If the printer driver is resulting in offline status then the solution is to uninstall the outdated drivers and install the updated drivers.
You need to go to the devices and printers to uninstall the current drivers. To install the latest version of the printer drivers, go to the official website of the printer. Find the driver software for your printer model. Download and install it.
if you are unable to download the printer driver for your printer model get in touch with the technical experts to help you install the printer drivers.
Get Technical Support for Printer Offline Status
If you are having my printer offline how to fix windows 10 this issue and nothing seems to work the best thing is to get help from the experts. The technical support team guides you through the solutions so that you can fix the problem. They will also help in resolving other technical errors you are facing with the printer.
How to Bring an Offline Printer Online? Quick Fixes
How to bring my offline printer windows 10 online? In this blog, we are going to discuss some of the easiest solution to fix this problem.
The good news is that it can be done easily. You need to change the status to online for it to function properly. Though it can be quite frustrating to resolve the problem if you want your printer to function then you need it to be online. My printer says offline error occurs when the printer and the PC are not able to communicate with each other. At times the problem can be in the connections, which can be resolved in just a matter of few minutes. And, sometimes it can be in the software which would take a bit longer to fix. However, it does not matter what the reason is you can fix the problem with the my printer.
How to Bring an Offline Printer Online?
- Check the connections are not damaged. Also, make sure the printer if not switched off. You also need to check the network connection and see if there is no issue in it.
- Go to the settings to see the printer and check if it is connected. Select the printer model. If the printer is not connected to the network get help from the printer technical support.
- Check the drivers of the printer to see if there is any update required. Outdated and incompatible printer drivers can result in an offline error on my windows 10. So, it is important to update the printers.
- The best solution is to seek guidance from the technical support team if you are unable to update the printer drivers.
- Change the status of the printer to online. Go to the Devices and Printers to check the status of the printer.
These steps are common ways to fix the my printer says offline windows 10 problem. But if you are confused or need further assistance then get in touch with the technical support team.
Network Printer Keeps Going Offline: How to Resolve the Error?
The Network has got some of the best printers in the market that offers an amazing set of features. You can find all kinds of printer models that are designed to meet up your requirements at a reasonable price. However, if your Network printer keeps going offline then do not get frustrated as many have to face the same problem.
Network my printer says offline windows 10 problem can occur because of several reasons. However, if the problem has already terrified you and you need a more technical solution then make sure to get help from the technical experts.
Network My Printer Offline: What Can You Do?
Having issues in your printer are very common and you do not need to panic but get the problem fixed from the experts. You will notice that Network printer keeps going offline because of various reasons. However, it can be fixed by following some of the steps.
Check the Connections
One of the reasons for the offline issue is loose or damaged connections. So, it is important to check the cable connection that connects the printer with the router. If you are still facing problems then make sure to get professional help.
Update the Printer Drivers
Many times, Network printer is offline problems can occur because the printer is either incompatible or outdated. So, that is why updating the printer drivers is an important step in keeping your printer online.
Clear the Pending Print Jobs
Uncleared print queues or pending print jobs can result in a Network printer offline how to fix this issue. If this is why the Network printer keeps going offline then you need to clear the print jobs.
Remove and Reinstall the Printer
If nothing seems to work you may try removing the printer and then ‘Add a printer’ again. You can get in touch with the Network support team for help.
How to Get A Printer Online? What Steps can Help in Fixing the Issue?
The printer has become an important part of our day to day life as they offer high-end quality and some of the most innovative features. However, while using printers many people experience printer offline windows 10 fix issues. So, is it a similar issue you are facing? Here is how to get a printer online. Well, printer offline status is very annoying as it completely shuts down your printing work. That is why it is very important to change printer offline status to online. If you have already tried your hands on some of the troubleshooting steps but nothing seems to work, it is best to get help from the technical support team.
In this blog, we are going to cover some of the most basic steps that can help you with how to get a printer online windows 10.
Printer Showing Offline Status: Why This Error Occurs?
So, you just saw My printer is offline windows 10 status do not worry as this is a very common problem that most of the printer users have to face. Though, most of the time my printer says offline problem occurs when there is a network connection issue. But, the offline status on the printer can occur because so several other reasons. This means that before how to get a printer online you need to know what exactly is causing the problem. Here we are going to discuss some of the most obvious reasons for printer is offline status.
Reasons for Printer Offline Status - How to Fix
There can be one or more than one reason why the my printer is showing offline windows 10 fix. If you are wondering how to get a printer online, then first you need to know what is the root cause for it. However, if you do not have much time or simply need a quicker solution. Then get in touch with the printer support for more help.
Loose or Damaged Connections
First of all, you need to check the cables and connections. Many times, lose or damaged connections can result in offline status. Mostly after using the printer for several years, the connections become loose and day to day wear and tear can damage the cables. Unless you have a wireless printer you also need to check the connection of the printer with the computer. On the other hand, for wireless printers, you also need to make sure that the printer is in range.
Check the Power Supply
The printer says offline problem can also occur when the printer is not connected to the power supply. Make sure to check the power socket it is connected to is getting properly supply and is in proper working conditions.
Outdated or Corrupted Printer Drivers
Printer drivers play a very important role in completing the print job. So, if the printer drivers are not updated, corrupted or simply incompatible with the computer it will result in printer is offline windows 10 fix issue.
Pending Print Jobs
Pending print jobs can occur because of many reasons. But the thing is that these pending print jobs can result in how to fix my printer says offline windows 10 issue. Above we have discussed some of the most common reasons your printer is likely to show offline status. However, the reasons are not just restricted to these. There can be various cause for this problem.
How to Get a Printer Online? Quick Steps to Follow
If you are still wondering how to get a printer online then here is a quick break down of the steps that you need to follow. There can be several reasons why the computer is not able to detect the printer but to fix the problem you will have to follow these steps. If you are already frustrated with the problem and do not want to go through all the hassle. Then get in touch with the printer technical support team for help.
Power Cycle the Device
Power cycling is something that can help in resolving many troubles with the printer. It should be the first step that you need to follow before getting into more technical solutions. All you need to do is turn off the computer and the printer and then turn it on again. This shall help in fixing a few technical glitches.
Use the Software of the Printer
If the power cycle is unable to help you how to fix the my printer offline windows 10 and how to get a printer online is still the problem. Then you can fix this problem by using the software that came along with the printer. This software can help in detecting the problem in the network and also resolve the issue that is causing the printer says offline status. You may also try getting help from the printer technical support team as they can guide you in navigating the solutions to this problem.
Check If Printer Offline is Turned Off
If the printer is showing my offline windows 10 then there are chances you have accidentally turned off the printer online status. Improper configuration is something that result in issues. So, it is necessary to verify the status. Find the Device and Printers and check the status of the printer. Turn the status online manually if required.
Clear the Pending Printing Jobs|
Pending print jobs can occur because of several reasons. Sometimes the print job may be paused because of several reasons and as a result, it can cause a print queue. As soon as, you find the pending print jobs then you must clear it. To clear the print jobs, go to the Device and Printers and then clear it. If you are experiencing an issue in clearing the print jobs to get in touch with the printer support team for help.
Check the Printer Port
If the above-mentioned steps do not work then there can be an issue with the port configuration. If you are having a printer that runs on the network and has got an IP address, a printer port could be the issue. It might be that the IP address is changed and the printer is still pointing to the old IP address. So, you need to add the current IP address to the printer port. =
Go to the Control Panel > Open Devices and Printer and then select the printer to change the IP address name.
If you need more help then you must get in touch with the printer technical support team. They will assist you with my printer is offline troubleshooting solutions. If how to get a printer online is the problem then you must get professional support so that they can guide you.
Quick Fixes to Follow When My Printer Says Offline
Nothing can be more annoying than when your printer says offline windows 10. The offline status of the printer completely hampers the printer from doing anything. It simply means that your printer is unable to connect with the computer and as a result, it shows offline status. However, do not worry as the my printer says offline windows 10 status is temporary and can be fixed by following a few steps.
Why does your Printer say Offline?
Many times, when your printer just won’t work it shows printer says offline error windows 10. This error simply means that the printer is unable to connect to any network and as result in showing the error. Sometimes a mistake as small as turning off the printer or keeping the printer in sleep mode can be the reason printer says offline.
However, many times the problem can be in the hardware or the software of the printer. If you need a technical solution for printer says offline error then you can also get in touch with the printer support team for help.
Change Printer Offline Status to Online
Once you see my printer says offline windows 10 message then you will have to change the status to online for the printer to work efficiently. Several reasons can cause the printer to go offline. However, you can follow the steps mentioned in this blog to get the problem fixed.
Check if the Printer is Ready – How to fix?
You need to check if the printer is not turned off and can communicate with the device. For the printer to work it must be able to accept the print jobs.
- Check and confirm the printer is turned on and the sleep mode is switched off.
- Check the paper tray and see if the paper is loaded into the tray. Also, check the ink cartridges are filled and aligned properly
- Power Cycle the printer and see if the printer says offline status is changed to online.
Reset the Printer
Just like in any other device even in printers resetting can help in resolving most of the errors. If your printer is saying offline then you must try to reset the printer and get the error resolved. This shall help in fixing the problem if there is any pending print job or any other printer related issues.
To reset the printer, you can also get technical support from the experts who can guide you step by step through the process.
Install the latest Printer Drivers
Outdated, incompatible and corrupted print drivers can result in my printer says offline windows 10 fix issue. This means that the printer you are using won’t be able to function efficiently. So, you must understand the important of updating the drivers. First of all, uninstall the outdated drivers. The next step is to download/install the original and the latest version of the print drivers. Make sure to find an authentic site to download the printer driver software. Install the software and check if this fixes the issue.
If you are confused then you can get help from the technical support team for the printer to get the software installed on your computer.
My Printer says offline windows 10 is a common issue that can occur in any brand or model of printer. Getting the error resolved is quick and easy. But many times you need more guidance and a technical help to fix the printer related issues. Get in touch with our team of experts who have the right knowledge and experience to guide you through the issue.