Printer Offline. How to fix HP, Canon, Brother, Epson Printers? Call Toll Free
Does you computer say printer offline? If yes, it means the printer is
- The printer is either turned off
- The usb cable between the printer and computer is loose
- The printer has lost connection with the wifi
Get Support for All Printers & change Printer status from “Offline” To “Online”
HP Printer Offline, Canon Printer Offline, Brother Printer Offline, Canon Printer Offline etc.
You should first, check if all cables are connected, the printer is turned on and is not showing any printer errors and that the wifi is working. If all these are correct, try reconnecting the printer to the wifi. If the printer refuses to connect to the wifi, the problem can be a bit deep rooted than first estimated. To troubleshoot the printer offline issue, we need to first understand how a printer works and what components are involved in its functioning.
Printer Offline? Get Your Printer Back Online Call Now
HP, Canon, Brother, Epson Printers Offline? - Quick Fix
Have you been trying to print something? But it just won’t print, then the most obvious problem is that the HP printer offline. You need to turn your printer online for it to work efficiently. However, to turn your printer online from offline you need to follow a few steps.
Sometimes even if the printer is turned on and connected to the personal computer, it may show offline problem. Our team of experts is well qualified and skilled to fix offline printer and other printer related issues in real-time.
Especially, when you are in the middle of important work and your PC keeps showing HP printer offline problem that it can be very frustrating. These errors can occur due to a number of reasons.
How does the Printer work?
Printer connects to the computer using either a cable or the wifi. As is customary with all new electronics, printers today are shipped with inbuilt wifi radios to make wireless printing possible. Wifi acts as a bridge or an invisible connection between your computer and the printer.
Moreover, using wifi printers has the advantage of device independence. You can simply print from any device connected to your home network, so gone are the days of turning on the one system the printer works on.
Wired Printers Offline
Wired printers are simple, you have two cables, one for power and the other to connect to the computer. If such a printer goes offline, the primary culprit is either a loose or faulty cable.
Wireless Printers Offline
Wireless printers work over the wireless network. This means, for the printer to work properly, the computer, printer and the router should be part of the same network and all should work properly. The basic troubleshooting to sort a wireless connection issue with your printer is to turn off and then turn on the printer, wireless router and the computer you are using before retrying.
CANON Printer Offline Technical Support
‘Printer offline’? is the most dreaded message when one needs to print some important documents.
The printer is an essential IT device to print out the urgent documents. It works in both the professional and personal setups.
The users cannot afford to see the message that says ‘printer is offline’. There are numerous reasons for the issue of Canon printer offline occurring. The user can fix this issue by himself or get the outside help.
The issue can occur in both the wireless printer and the network printer and here is how one can fix it.
1) Rebooting: If the issue of ‘Brother printer offline’ occurs the rebooting can help. When the user gets this message he can reboot his system, shut it down and switch it on again. This should help.
2) Make sure that the printer is plugged in: Sometimes the loose wiring can be the reason for ‘printer offline’ problem. Ensure that your printer is connected to your system properly. If the problem still persists then you can follow the given steps.
Sign into an account with the ‘Manage Printers’ rights or by a local administrator account. Go to ‘printer and devices’ and click ‘whats printing’. The print spooler window will open up. Check the ‘Use printer offline’ mark. The printer should come back online.
Why is My Printer offline?
When the Epson printer offline, it means the system is not able to communicate with the printer. The printer is not able to receive the print command and thus, it does not print. This issue can have a minor fix, like tightening a loose cable or it can have deep roots in the circuitry of the printer or it might turn out to be an issue with the computer you are using. It is a very recurrent issue and can occur due to many different reasons.
The printer may be offline due to a connectivity issue.
- For wired printers, it might be a loose cable behind the printer or the computer.
- For wifi printers, it can be a wifi coverage issue,
- bad router
- incorrect network connection or incorrect network settings.
Paper jamming in the printer can stop it from functioning and in some cases damage other internal components. This can cause the printer to go offline as a precautionary failsafe.
If there is a malfunction in printer’s hardware then it can show offline status on Printer in Windows and Mac.
Sometimes the printer can have hardware issues that are causing it to go offline. While the well documented faults will generally have a dedicated error code, others can simply say the printer is offline.
Printing is Stuck
Some times when the printing stops all of a sudden due to power cut or corrupted drivers, the print job will be stopped and it gets stuck there.
Some of the Most Common Problems in the Printers
One of the reasons why your Canon printer offline could be because of the outdated drivers. If the driver that you are using is not updated, incompatible or corrupted with the Operating System version, then you may experience offline issue with the printer.
You need to check the connections if your printer is showing offline. Sometimes loose USB connections and damaged USB can result in this problem.
Malware is yet another reason for Brother Printer Offline. In fact, it is one of the issues that can not only result in this error but also damage the printer’s hardware. So, make sure to use anti-virus software in the device.
How to Get HP, CANON, BROTHER, EPSON Printer Online from Offline?
If you are facing offline printer issue then do not worry as it can be fixed in just a few minutes. Printer showing offline is a very common problem that most of the printer users come across. However, if you need help then get in touch with the printer technicians for support.
Restart the System
- Press and hold the power button and let it shut down.
- Take out the plug of the printer from the power source.
- Wait for a minute.
- Plugin the power source and press the power button.
- Wait for some time for the printer to reboot
Check the Connectivity
The printer can go offline if it is not able to connect with the computer.
Check the USB connection through which a printer and the computer are connected.
Plug in to a different USB port.
Paper jamming can be the reason why the printer is showing offline.
- Remove the paper that is jammed carefully.
- If the ink cartridge is an empty turn off the printer.
- Change the ink cartridge and check if the problem is resolved.
Change the Printer Settings to Default
If the above-mentioned steps are not able to fix printer is offline issue then you will have to reset the printer settings to default.
Troubleshooting Brother Printer Offline Problem
If you are experiencing offline issue on your Canon printer, Brother printer or HP printer or Epson printer then you will have to troubleshoot this issue. Here are the steps that you need to follow to fix printer is showing offline issues on Windows and Mac OS.
Fix HP, Canon, Epson, Brother Printers Offline for Windows OS
To resolve printer is showing offline issue on Windows you need to follow these steps.
- Go to the start button and then click on the ‘Control Panel’ and then select ‘Device and Printers’ option.
- Now, right-click on to the printer image below the ‘Printers and Faxes’ option. Then, select ‘See what’s printing’ option.
- Click on ‘Printer’ and then untick the ‘Use printer offline and pause printing’ option on the new window.
- If these steps are unable to fix the issue right-click on the printer image and select ‘Troubleshoot’. If the Windows detect ‘network connection’ issue then follow the below steps.
- Go to the ‘Network and Sharing’ option.
- If it shows ‘not connected’ then click on the ‘ethernet option.
- A new window will open. Here select ‘Turn on network discovery’ and ‘turn on file and printer sharing’ option.
Fix HP, Canon, Epson, Brother Printers Offline for Mac OS
To resolve the printer is showing offline option on Mac follow these steps.
- Go to the Apple Menu.
- Go to ‘System preferences’ option and select it.
- Click on the ‘Scan and print’ option.
- Select the printer.
- Find ‘Open print queue’ option and click on it.
- Select the printer job and then remove it.
These are some of the things that you need to know about HP, Canon, Brother, Epson printers offline issue. However, if the printer keeps showing offline error then get in touch with the technical team for support and guidance. We are one-call-away for your help.