Canon Driver Pixma
Canon is a well-known company that manufactures some of the most amazing and finest quality printers. The Canon MG series is one of the most famous and outstanding models Canon mg5320 and mg3022 Canon being the most famous ones. While these printers are known to offer the best quality prints and user-friendly manual it is very common to experience Canon driver Pixma errors and other problems in MG series Canon printers.
Whether you are experiencing errors in the Canon printer or simply an issue with the printing you need to resolve these issues. Though the troubleshooting steps depend upon the printer model you are using. The steps are often quite the same based on the errors and problems you are facing in the printer. However, once you understand these problems you can easily troubleshoot the issue on your own as well.
Printer Problems and Fixes
Canon Driver Pixma Issues
The printer driver can be the reason why your printer is unable to establish a connection with the computer. Just like any other software, even the Canon driver Pixma needs to be updated. Sometimes the driver may not be compatible with the latest version of the Operating System. Or you may have installed the wrong version of the drivers. These could be the possible reason why your printer is having a problem. So, you need to uninstall the driver and get an updated version.
Install the latest drivers
- Go to the Control Panel.
- Here find hardware and sound option. Select it.
- Click on Printers.
- Right-click on the printer on which you want to install the new drivers and then run.
- Click on the Properties.
- Now select Advanced.
- Select the New Driver tab.
Now, follow the given instructions to install the drivers.
Once the print jobs are completed the printer is supposed to clear the queue itself.
However, sometime this just won’t happen because sometime the printer will stop working or just won’t take commands from the device, due to internet issues or some other problem.
If the queue is overloaded then it can also create a problem in the drivers.
So, you can reset the print spooler. Here is what you can do to clear the print queue.
- Shut down the printer and take out the plug.
- Click on the Windows button and search for services here.
- Now, right-click on the print spooler option. Now, select stop.
- Now, delete all the previous files from the queue.
- Shut down the computer.
- Wait for some time and then turn on the computer.
- Restart the print spooler.
Use the Printer Troubleshooter
Windows troubleshooter can be helpful at times to fix issues related to the printer. Here is how you can launch Windows Troubleshooter to fix the ‘printer not working’ issue.
- Press Windows tab + R.
- Now, type ‘control.exe/name Microsoft. Troubleshooting’ and then enter.
- Select printer on the troubleshooting Window.
- Give run command for troubleshooter.
- Let the troubleshooter detect the problem
- If it can find the problem then click on apply this fix.
- Now, restart your printer and check if the problem is fixed.
These are some of the most common problems that you may come across in Canon driver Pixma, Canon mg5320, mg3022 Canon and other MG series Canon printers. However, these problems can be resolved with the help of these steps. Besides, you can always seek help from the Canon technicians and get better assistance.