Printer Not Responding Quick Fix 2020.While trying to use the printer on Windows 7 then you may come across an issue where the printer is not responding in Windows 7. There are several reasons why you may come across this issue while using the printer on Windows 7. The reasons include the issue in the network connection, faulty printer drivers, incorrect configuration of the hardware and others. However, if you are facing a problem constantly then you can get in touch with the printer technical support team.
The printer is an important device that allows you to print, fax, scan and copy the documents. It is widely used daily for day to day work. So, what if you are about to print an important document but it shows an error? It can be quite frustrating to deal with error messages displayed on the digital panel of the printer. However, the good thing is that these errors can be easily resolved by following the troubleshooting solutions. In this blog, we have covered in detail the steps that can help in fixing Printer not responding Error in Windows 7.
If the printer is not responding then the first thing that you need to check on your printer is the connections. Make sure the printer to check the connection of the printer as it should be the same as the computer. Also, make sure that the printer connections are not loose, check the USB connections as they should be connected to the correct port and must be tight.
If the points mentioned above are fine then you can proceed further with the troubleshooting solutions Printer Not Responding.
Restart the Print Spooler
Print spooler is software that must be installed in Windows 7 as it manages the printing jobs. If there is an issue in the print spooler then it may result in ‘printer not responding’ error. You can restart the printer spooler to fix the issue, follow the steps mentioned below.
- Press Windows + R. In the run tab press type services.msc and then click on the ok option.
- Now, in the list check out the option that says print spooler. Now, select the services and keep pressing the P button on the keyboard until the print spooler is highlighted.
- Right-click on the print spooler and then select the option for properties.
- Under the print spooler, the dialogue box clicks on the stop option under the service status. Once the service is stopped click on the start button and then press the ok. Now, the print spooler will restart.
Check Drivers of the Printer
Often if the drivers of the printer are outdated then it can result in the printer is not responding error in Windows 7. To resolve this problem, you need to update the drivers to the latest version. Uninstall the outdated or corrupted drivers and install the latest version of the drivers. Run a test print to see if the error is fixed or not.
Configure the Printer to Correct the Port
If you want the printer to work normally then it is important to configure it with the correct port. Follow the steps mentioned below to check the ports.
- Click on the start button on the left and then select the control panel. Now, in the new window click on the Devices and Printers option.
- Now, right-click on the printer section and then select the properties of the printer. Click on the change properties.
- Then click on the ports tab under printer properties. Here you can find a complete list of ports; here you can select the printer port. Also, check the network connection is running smooth. At last, click on the application to save the changes.
In this blog, we have covered in detail the solutions that you can follow to resolve the ‘printer not responding’ error in Windows 7. However, if the problem is unresolved then you need to get help from the experts. Get in touch with the technical support team for help and guidance.