The printhead is one of the most important components of a printer. For a printer to work efficiently printhead must function seamlessly without any issue or error. There are several error codes that you can see on the digital panel which results from an issue in the printhead. Most of the time a problem in the printhead occurs when it clogged because of dust, dirt or debris. Many times, if you do not use a printer that often it can result in an issue with the printhead of a printer.
If the printhead is clogged with dust or dirt it can result in printing quality issues and as a result, you may find that your printer is not working properly. Regular and time to time cleaning of the printhead can help you avoid this problem. However, you need to be very careful while cleaning the printhead as it needs to be done properly.
A printhead is a component of the printer that transfers ink onto the page that is to be printed. For this, the printhead fires small droplets of ink from a nozzle onto the paper to print. However, when one of the nozzles is clogged with dust and debris it results in issues with the quality of prints and as a result, the prints are faded.
While clogging of the printer can result in poor printing quality and other issues you can resolve this problem by cleaning the printhead. Here are the steps that you need to follow to clean the printhead of a printer.
You need to check the nozzles for which you need to run a printhead cleaning cycle. Open the device and you can clean it manually. You can follow the steps mentioned below to clean the printhead nozzles.
- First of all, make sure that the printer is not showing any error code on the digital panel.
- Then press the home button and then select the setup option. Then click on the maintenance option to continue the cleaning cycle for the printhead.
- Select the printhead nozzle check.
- Now, you will be able to the nozzles that are blocked.
- If the lines are blurry and there is a gap then you need to select the option that says clean the printhead.
- Switch off the printer and then open the top cover of the printer. Then check the assembly of the printhead.
- Check the lever on the left side and then move it forward and then down.
- Now, you will see the sponges that store the ink cartridge in the carriage of the printhead. Use a syringe to saturate the sponges with distilled water.
- Then move the assembly of the printhead back onto the sponges.
- Then wait for at least 10 minutes for the distilled water to settle down.
- Take out the ink cartridge from the printhead carriage.
- Now, you will see cone-shaped indents that take the ink to the printhead. These are the ink ports.
- Now, use a syringe to add two drops of distilled water in the ports that are clogged.
- Now, change the cartridge and wait until the device has completed the setup for the new ones.
- Then run a print test to check the clarity of the printer and see if the error is fixed or not.
These are some of the solutions that you can follow to clean the printhead of the printer. You must clean the printhead from time to time to avoid errors and issues while using the printer. If you are facing any problem while following the steps mentioned above, or while cleaning the printhead or if the error persists then get in touch with the technical support team for help and guidance.