How to connect an HP printer to a MAC quick guide 2020. Mac from Apple has two USB ports that can be used to connect to HP printers. While you can connect the HP printer directly with the MacBook using a USB cable and print whatever and from wherever you want. How to connect an HP printer to a MAC Sometimes you may have to connect an HP printer to a Mac manually if the connection is not established using the USB cables.
Moreover, How to connect an HP printer to a MAC the Mac Operating System already has pre-installed software for most the printers, so you may not even have to download additional drivers while trying to connect the HP printer with the Apple laptop.In this blog we are going to solve how to connect HP printer to a Mac question in just a few steps so that you can print using your MacBook.
Need Help? Change your printer status from Offline to Online. Click on Below Given Link -
How to connect an HP printer to a MAC | Before we start with the steps for connecting a MacBook to an HP printer you need to know a few things. We are going to discuss them in detail here.
Download/Update the Printer Drivers
Though Mac OS, usually comes with pre-installed software and drivers for the printers. But there are chances that the pre-installed driver does not support the HP printer model you want to connect to a Mac. How to connect an HP printer to a MAC In such a case you need to install the drivers.
Even if you have previously installed the drivers in your Mac the drivers need to be updated to the latest version as they can be corrupted, incompatible with the latest Mac OS version or simply outdated.
Update Drivers on Mac
If your printer has an AirPrint option then you can download the latest software, otherwise, you can download the latest software from an authentic site.
- Visit the Apple menu and then choose System Preferences.
- Now, choose the option for software updating | How to connect an HP printer to a MAC
Then install the software that is specified for the HP printer.
- Follow the steps mentioned above for any software update that may be required.
- Press the power button and turn on the HP printer.
- Then connect the HP printer with the MacBook using a USB cable.
- Now, How to connect an HP printer to a MAC click on the Apple icon and then select System Preferences.
- Then select Print and Scan.
- Then click on the plus icon and then add the name of the administrator and the password.
- Then select the HP printer model you want to add. Then click on the add and the Hp printer will be connected to your Apple Laptop.
These are a few steps that can help you with how to connect an HP printer to a Mac. As mentioned earlier in the blog make sure to install the drivers before starting these steps. How to connect an HP printer to a MAC Also, if you need to update the drivers then that is the first step you need to follow before you start with the other steps mentioned in the blog.
However, if you are still not able to connect the HP printer to a Mac then make sure to seek help from the HP printer technical team. They will assist you and guide you with detailed information – How to connect an HP printer to a MAC