Cloud print service on Google is an amazing tool that allows you to get your printing job done without any hassle. The service allows you to connect the printer with the Google account and then print without any hassle. Any device that is connected to the web can use Google cloud print services. You can easily manage your printing jobs and share printer using the Google account.
Google cloud print is an amazing tool that allows you to complete the printing task. However, that does not mean that you won’t experience issues while using the cloud print service on Google. If you are facing any issue while the cloud print service then you need to follow some of the basic troubleshooting solutions to resolve the problem. In this blog, we have covered in detail the cloud print services on Google issues and how can fix these issues.
It is important to update the firmware and the drivers of the printer so that it gets the latest features and improvements. You can check the official website of the printer to check for any software updates and make sure to install the latest version of the drivers.
However, if the printer is still not printing after the software update then make sure that the printer is configured to cloud print services. To complete the configuration, you need a printer that can connect to the wi-fi and a computer that has Google Chrome installed. Then you can follow the steps mentioned below to complete the configuration.
Follow the Given Steps
- Switch on the printer and then connect it to the wi-fi network. Then turn on the PC and connect it to the same network.
- Now, you need to connect the printer to Google cloud print service. If you have not configured the computer for cloud print service then follow the steps mentioned below. However, if the clod print service is already configured then you need to make sure that the computer that has configured is turned on.
- In your Windows computer open the system settings and then find the option saying printing.
- Here you can easily add the device to your system. Simply open Google Chrome and then complete the sign in for your account. Then select the option for add printer and then select the printer that you want to share.
- Then select the option to manage your printers to make sure that the printer is added.
You also need to share the printer. You can do it by signing in to your Google account through which you have completed the configuration. Also, check if Google Chrome is updated to the latest version.
If you are still having an issue while using the Google Cloud Print Service then you need to check a few things as they may be the reason for the issue.
Check the Ports
For the cloud print to work properly with your printer you need to make sure that:
- You need to open the port 80 and 443 to allow HTTP and HTTPs traffic.
- You need to open the 5222 port to allow the XMPP traffic.
Check the Firewall
If you are facing any issue with the cloud print service then you need to check the firewall. Also, make sure that the firewall is running on the latest version of the software. However, if the firewall is not updated then many times the Firewall can block the printing jobs. You can follow the steps mentioned below to resolve this problem.
- Check the router and then open the configuration for the firewall.
- Then enable the traffic for 5222 port.
Here we have discussed in detail the solutions that you can follow to resolve issues that you are facing using Google Cloud Print service for printing. However, if you are having any issue while completing these steps then getting help from the professionals is the best solution.