Print spooler is a software on the Windows that helps the printer to understand which document to print and in what order. If you give print command and nothing prints, then there are chances that the print spooler is not working problem. However, this problem can be resolved in just a few steps. The spooler takes up the printing jobs from the computer and makes sure the printing is done in the right order. Besides, it also sets the order in which the printing jobs are sent to the print queue.
If you are facing any issue with your printer because of print spooler then there are few troubleshooting solutions that you can follow to resolve the problem.
Most of you know how to use a printer as it is a common device that is used in our day to day life. However, when it comes to printer print spooler is one such thing that most of the printer users have heard about. Print spooler is a software program that is used in Windows. A print spooler is important software that manages the print jobs that are being sent to the computer. It also allows the users to keep a check on the print queue tasks.
Though the print spooling software is important software that needs to be added to your computer but many people still have mixed thoughts about it. You need to understand that most of the printers after a certain period tend to be slow and have limited memory, having a print spooler is very important. Here in this blog, we are going to cover in detail the importance of print spooler and how it can resolve issues related to it.
It is quite common to experience problems while using the print spooler. If you are facing any issue while using the printer and if the printer is not able to print then you can follow some of the basic troubleshooting solutions that can help in resolving the problem.
Restart the Print Spooler
If a printer is having a problem when you send a print job then there is an issue in the print spooler and you need to check it. You can resolve the problem by restarting the print spooler. You can follow the points step by step.
- Open the Windows task manager.
- Now, click on the services and then select the option that says the description. The same services are named as a spooler
- Then on the print spooler option right click and choose the option to restart.
Once you complete the steps for the restart run a print test and then check if the problem is resolved or not.
Clear the Print Queue
Another reason that may result in this problem is if the print queue is stuck. In this case, you need to clear the print queue to resolve the problem. When the print jobs are stuck in the print queue then it can be because of the print spooler and as a result, it may cause a problem in the system. Here are the steps that you need to follow to resolve the problem.
- Perform a complete power cycle of the printer by switching off the printer. Then wait for a few minutes and turn on the printer.
- If you are using a wired connection then make sure that the connections are established properly. In case of wireless network check if the printer is connected to the correct network.
- Now remove the printer and then reinstall the printer. For reinstalling the printer, you need to go to the properties and then add the device here.
- Also, make sure that the printer drivers are updated and are running on the latest version.
These are the steps that you need to take to resolve the issues with the print spooler. However, if you are facing any problem while using the printer which is caused by the print spooler then you can seek help from the technical support team. Get in touch with the printer technicians for help and assistance.