HP printers are known for offering some of the best printing results and features when it comes to keeping in mind the innovative technology. Printers have become one of the necessities and are used daily for various purposes. However, it is quite common to experience a problem while using these printers. Though the HP printer is known for offering superb quality it is quite common to experience issues while using these printers. HP printer that just won’t print is a common error that you may come across when the printer is in use.
Several reasons may result in this issue however, the most common reason is if the drivers are corrupt or outdated, Windows configuration is incorrect, or if there are faulty connections. However, many times the problem can also occur because of paper jams or issues in the ink cartridges.
In this blog, we have covered in detail the solutions that can help in fixing HP printer not printing error. However, if you are facing any problem in resolving the issue get in touch with the HP printer technical support team for help and assistance.
If you are facing any problem while trying to print something using the HP printer but it is just not printing then you need to follow the solutions mentioned below.
Check the Status of the Printer
The first thing that you need to check what is the reason behind the issue. For this, you need to check the status of the printer. Make sure that the paper tray is filled with sufficient papers. If this problem is ruled out, then you need to check that there is no paper jamming issue or the paper is not stuck in the paper tray. Also, check if the paper toner and the ink do not need to be refilled.
Cancel the Print Jobs that are Stuck
When you send multiple print jobs, they might get stuck in the print queue. If the print job is stuck it can result in printing errors in the HP printer. You can clear the print job by following the steps mentioned below.
- Click on the start button in the left corner of your system and then select the Control Panel.
- Now, a new window will open where you need to select Devices and Printers.
- Now, you can search your printer from the list of printers. Right-click on the printer and select the option to see what’s printing.
- Again, a new window will open, right-click on the printer and then choose the option for open as administrator.
- Then open the window again and select cancel all documents. Then click on the yes option in the pop-up window.
Complete the Configuration as Default Printer
When you send a print request the Operating System that is in use set it as default printer. If the printer is connected but no document is being printed, then there are chances that the device is not properly configured to the default. You can follow the steps mentioned below to check the configuration settings for the network.
- Go to the Device and Printers and select the HP printer that is having an issue.
- Right-click on the printer and then select the option to set it as default. If there is a confirmation message you need to select the yes option.
- Now, you will see that there is a green color tick on the HP printer. It means that the printer is configured to default.
In this blog, we have covered the basic steps that can help in completely resolving the HP printer not printing error. However, if the problem persists then you can get in touch with the HP printer technical support team for help and assistance.