The printer is one of the most widely used devices whether it is for official or personal use. However, many users complain about facing an issue where the printer instead of printing red will print yellow. If you are facing a similar problem then you must know that it is a common problem that the users may have to face. Many users say that despite the source document being yellow the printer sill prints red. This issue can occur because of numerous reasons. It is a common printer problem that can occur in any printer.
Usually, this problem occurs when the ink cartridge is low or if the print head of the printer is not working properly. So, are you thinking why your printer is printing yellow instead of red and how to resolve it? Well, there are a few troubleshooting solutions that you can follow to resolve the error in your printer. In this blog, we are going to discuss these troubleshooting solutions in detail.
Clean the Printhead
One of the most common reasons why you may experience a problem like this in your printer is the printhead is dirty. By cleaning the printhead you can fix this problem. Here are some of the steps that you need to take to fix the issue when the printer just won’t print in red and instead print yellow.
- Open the paper input tray and then put the plain white paper inside the paper tray.
- Now, check the control panel of the printer press the arrow on the right to open up more options.
- Now, from the available list of option select the setup option.
- Then select the tools option to select the tools from the menu.
- Then select the option that says clean the printhead.
- Wait until the printer completes the cleaning process and then select the ok option.
- Now the printer will run a test print so that you can check if the error is fixed or not.
- If the error is not resolved then clean the printhead or again or follow the solutions mentioned below.
Properly Align the Printhead
When the alignment of the printhead is not done properly it can result in the error code. You need to check the alignment of the printhead to fix the error code. Here are the steps that you need to take.
- Place some plain paper in the paper tray.
- Then press the right arrow button on the control panel to open the menu.
- Then select the tools option and further select the align the printhead option.
- Wait until the printhead is properly aligned.
- Then run a print test to check the alignment.
Check the Level of the Ink
Another reason why you may experience this issue is if the level of ink in the printer is very low. If the ink level is low then it is important to replace the ink cartridges to avoid any issue. Here are a few steps that you must follow to fix the problem.
- Press the control panel and then select the setup.
- Then press the down navigating button to select the tools option and then press the ok button.
- Then select the display ink gauge option. Now, you will be able to see the level of ink cartridges on the digital panel.
- If required change the ink cartridges.
These are some of the solutions that you can follow step by step to resolve the printer issue where the printer will only print yellow instead of red. However, if you are facing any issue while following the steps or need a technical solution then get in touch with the technical support team for help and assistance.
Is your Printer is Offline? Visit Now Printer Offline Support or Call Now…