The secure print is a feature that allows you to send documents to a printer. However, these documents are the only printer when you enter a password or a four-digit PIN into the printer. You can also add a hard disk drive in the memory of a printer. You can specify the PIN while adding the document for printing. You can use secure print assistance in Windows to enable the feature to print the document.
In this blog, we are going to cover in detail the steps that you can follow to enable secure print assistance in Windows to enable the documents for printing.
However, if you are facing any issue while using this feature then get in touch with the technical support team for help and assistance.
Here are a few things that you need to know about printing the document using secure print assistance in Windows.
The files or documents that you send for printing remain in the memory of the printer until you follow the steps mentioned below.
- If you switch off the printer.
- If the secure print job is done. To keep up with the security, once the printer prints the document using the PIN, the print job is automatically removed from the memory of the printer.
You need to know that before using the secure print option to print you need to format it.
Print jobs will remain in the memory of the printer until one of the points mentioned below is fulfilled.
- You must turn off the printer.
- The secure document that you send is printed. Now, when you enter the four-digit PIN the document will be printed. Then the document is automatically deleted from the memory of the printer.
Before using the secure PIN option in printers with optional HDD or compact flash memory it is important to format the device.
First of all, you need to send the document to the printer. You can follow the steps mentioned below to complete the process.
- Open the program for the Word processor. Then click on the file and select the option to print. You will be prompted to open the print dialogue box.
- In the dialogue box click on the properties option.
- Click on the properties.
- You will see another dialogue box where you need to click on the advanced tab and then choose the device option. Now you will be prompted with a new set of options that include secure print, select it to turn on the option.
- Now a new window will open asking you to mention the password.
- The password should have the PIN of four digits or characters.
- Now, you be directed to the properties tab here you can click on ok and then select the applicable option.
- Now, you will again be directed to the print dialogue box. Here you need to click on the ok button to send the document to the printer. However, you need to enter the four-digit PIN from the digital panel on the printer for it to print the document.
In this blog, we have mentioned the steps that you need to follow to use secure print assistance to print the document on Windows. However, if you are facing any issue while completing the steps get in touch with the technical support team for help and assistance.