The printer driver is one of the most important software that allows the printer to receive the print jobs and print the documents without any hassle. However, in many cases, the users may not be able to install the correct drivers in the computer with Windows OS. You can see an error message on the screen if Windows are not able to install the print drivers.
If you are facing a similar problem then do not worry as it is a common issue that you may come across while using a printer. However, it is also important to resolve this problem otherwise it can result in further issues as well.
In this blog, we have discussed in detail the steps that how to Install Printer Driver Package. You may face while trying to install the driver package of the printer then get in touch with the technical support team for help.
There are several reasons why you may come across issues while trying to install the Driver Package of the printer. Here are some of the solutions that you can follow to resolve the problem.
- Press the Windows + R button on the keyboard. Then in the control panel press the enter key.
- Then in the upper right-side type troubleshoot and search for the results for troubleshooting.
- In the next menu option click on the view all option. Here you will find all of the possible troubleshooting solutions that can help in resolving the issue.
- Check the options and wait until you find the one specifically for your printer.
- Then under the option that says run as administrator make sure to apply repairs automatically option. It allows the system to find out the issues and search for quick fixes that can help in resolving the problem.
- Follow the instructions that are mentioned on the screen and then wait till the troubleshooting solutions fix the problem.
If the steps mentioned above are not able to fix the problem then you need to follow some other troubleshooting solutions.
You can resolve this issue by stopping the print spooler from the Window, restarting the device, erasing the temporary files, and then by restart the spooler. Here are the steps that you can follow to resolve the problem with the printer.
- Press Windows + R. In the run tab type services.msc and then click on the ok.
- Now in the available list options navigate down to the print spooler. Right-click on the services and select the option for properties. Then select the stop option that you can find under the general tab. Click on the ok button.
- Once it stops you can erase the files from the system.
Try Updating the Drivers
Often outdated and corrupted drivers can result in issues in the printer. You can update the printer manually or let the Windows update the drivers. Here are the steps that you can follow to resolve the problem.
- Launch the Run and then type devmgmt.msc and then press the enter.
- In the device manager option select the hardware and then right-click on the printer hardware. Here you can select the printer driver that you want to update.
- Here you will be asked about how do you want to search for the drivers. Then you can select the option for browser my computer for driver software.
- Then select the downloaded file for the driver. Then restart the device to fix the problem.
Uninstall the Printer
You can resolve the problem in the printer by uninstalling the printer. It can help in resolving the problem immediately.
- Go to the device manager.
- Right-click on the printer that you want to uninstall.
- Once you uninstall the printer you can update it by following the steps mentioned above and then add the printer.
In this blog, we have covered in detail the solutions that you can follow to resolve the problem when you are not able to install the driver package. However, in case of any difficulty, you can get in touch with the support team for help and assistance.