Many times, while using a printer the user may not be able to find a document or a print job that has been shared with a network printer. As a result, you will see a printing error message, which shows that there is an issue in the Windows of the computer. You may see an error message saying Windows cannot connect to the printer or a similar message saying access is denied.
If you are facing this error then you need to know that this error can occur because of several reasons. However, most of the time it is dependent upon the printer configuration. So, the first thing that you need to check is that if the printer is configured to the LAN port or is connected to some other computer. Depending upon how it is configured you can resolve the error. Here in this blog, we have discussed in detail the solutions that can help in resolving the issue with Windows not connecting to the printer. However, if you are facing any difficulty then get in touch with the printer support team for help.
If you are facing connectivity issues with the printer in Windows then you can resolve this issue. Here we have covered in detail the steps that you need to take to change the printer online.
If your printer is connected to a computer and you have shared it with the computer and you want to add that printer to a different network then you can try a few steps to resolve the problem.
- In the first step, you need to select the option for adding the printer to a wizard. To complete this you have to click on the start button and then open the search results.
- In the wizard, choose the printer that you want to configure. Choose the network printer or the printer that is attached to another computer.
- Then select the next option and then tick the box that says connect to this printer. In the name, the section adds the name of the printer.
These steps will allow you to connect the printer. But if you are still facing an issue while connecting the printer in Windows then you can try adding it to a local printer.
- In the add printer wizard, choose the option that says local printer is attached to the computer. Then clear the section for automatically detect and install my plug and play printer.
- In the screen that appears select the option to create a port and then select the local port through the navigation buttons. In the next steps, you will be asked to enter the port name.
Disable the Antivirus Software
There are chances that the Antivirus software is blocking the connections. If this is the reason your printer is unable to connect to the network then you need to disable the software and then try connecting the printer to a network.
These are some of the steps that you can follow to resolve the Windows not connecting to Printer error. However, if the problem persists then get in touch with the printer support team for help and assistance. Contact now for more information and assistance.