Canon Printer is known for offering top quality prints and for offering features that are designed to make printing easier and convenient for the users. Canon printers are known as one of the best-selling printers in the market. The printer is one such device that is widely used for official and personal use. Though, Canon printers are known for offering the best printing results but just like any other device these printers also experience issues from time to time.
Just like any other device, it is quite common to experience issues while using Canon printers. It is common to face issues while using the printers. However, it can be quite frustrating to deal with the issues if you do not know the basic troubleshooting solution. These issues can be resolved easily by following basic troubleshooting solutions. However, sometimes the issues may need technical assistance. In that case, you can get in touch with the Canon printer technicians for help and assistance.
It is a common problem to face errors while using the Canon printer. However, if these issues are not resolved immediately, they can cause further issues. Here are some of the solutions that you can try to resolve the problems in your Canon printer.
Make sure the Printer is Plugged in Properly
You can see a light flickering when the printer is turned on. Wait until the indicator lights stop flashing and are stable. While trying to print huge data, documents and images it may take longer. The flashing of the light indicates that the computer is processing the data to send it further to the printer.
Check the Connections between the Printer and the Computer
Make sure the USB cable connections are working properly and are connected to the computer in the right port. Further, you also need to check the things mentioned below.
- If you are using a USB hub then disconnect it and try connecting the Canon printer to the computer. Now run a test print and if the printing is working properly then there might be an issue in the hub. You can replace it or get in touch with the technical support team for help.
- If there is an issue in the USB cable connection, which means the cables are damaged then replace it with the new ones.
Check the Wireless Access Point Mode
If you want to take prints using another mode or with a network other than wireless LAN then you need to disable the wireless access point mode. For this, you can follow the steps mentioned here to resolve the printing issues in the Canon printer.
- Press and hold the wireless button and then release it until the light flashes.
- Then press the back button 2 times and then press the wireless button.
Clear the Print Jobs
pending print jobs can result in different types of errors in the Canon printer. However, most of these errors can be resolved if you clear the pending print jobs. You can erase the print jobs from the computer that are not required. It is important to delete print jobs as it slows down the process of printing. Follow these steps to erase the print job.
- Open the software on your computer.
- Then click on the option that says display print queue.
- Click on cancel all the documents to clear the print jobs. Confirm it by clicking on yes or ok option.
These are some of the steps that you can follow to resolve printing issues in the Canon printer. However, if the problem persists get in touch with the Canon printer technical support team for expert guidance and more information.