Though printers are one of the most frequently used devices many people come across issues here and there. It is quite common to face troubles while using the printer. You may also come across a few printing issues while using the Word document.
You may come across issues like ‘printer not working’ or ‘printer not responding’. However, you do not need to panic as it is quite common to experience issues while using such devices. Most of the time if you are facing a problem while printing a Word document then it is related to a specific document or file.
But you do not have to worry as these problems can be easily fixed by following some of the most basic troubleshooting solutions. Here we are going to cover the basic steps that can help you in resolving this problem. You can also get in touch with the technical support team to resolve the problem.
Here are some of the Solutions that you can follow to resolve the problem.
Do a basic print test to check if the problem is in the document. If you are trying to print a particular page and it is unable to print then try printing some other documents. This will make sure that the problem is in the Word document or the template. It will also tell you if there is a technical problem in the printer.
Steps to Rename Word Template
- Close the MS word and then click on the start option. Once the start menu is open type Normal.dotm template and then press the enter key.
- When a new Window opens the screen with the Normal.dot template and if you see a template that has an exclamation sign. It clearly shows that there is a problem with the Normal.dot template. Right-click on the template and then rename the extension.
Once you complete these steps you need to create a new document. Run a print test and then check if the problem is resolved or not.
Create a New Template
- Open the Word document and then select the Office button. Now you can select the new option from the menu. Choose a blank document and then click on the create option. You can also add the data that you want to keep in the template else you can leave it blank as well.
- Then click on the office button and then choose the save as option. Then click on the word template and then you need to save the file as a new template.
- Then choose the local disk C and then open the folder and set the new template.
- Once the steps are complete you need to open MS word and then click on the Developer. If you do not see the MS word ribbon and then select the office button. Then choose the Word option and then put a tick on the show developer.
- Choose the document template in the developer and then select the attach button. Then click on the ok option.
You can follow the steps mentioned above to resolve the problem with the MS Word. However, you need to know that these steps are only applicable if the error is in the Word document or template. If the printer is not working then there can be some other technical issue. That is when you need to get help from the technical support team. Get in touch with the experts form a complete solution.