In Windows 10 you can share the printer with more than one computer on the same network. It is an amazing feature that makes printing user-friendly and convenient for the users. You can complete this by configuring the share settings on your printer, connecting the device with the main source (computer) using a USB cable connection or a wireless connection. You need to make sure that the system is turned on and is connected to the network as well as the printer.
You also need to know that while sharing the network printer the settings are configured with the main computer and also with other systems. Also make sure that you know the name of the main PC to complete the configuration for sharing the settings.
However, if you are facing any issue while following the steps to complete the configuration and sharing of the network printer then you can get help from the experts. Get in touch with the technical support team for help and support.
You can follow the steps mentioned below to share the printer with the main computer.
Using the Settings Option
- Go to the start button on the left side of the computer and then click on it. Then open the settings and go to the devices and then click on the printers and scanners.
- Then choose the printer that you would like to share. Then choose the manage option.
- Now, click on the printer properties and then choose the option that says sharing.
- Then click on the share the printer option.
Using the Control Panel
- In the search task bar type control panel and then select it.
- Then select the option for hardware and sounds. Here you need to choose the option for view devices and printers.
- Right-click on the device that you want to share and then select printer properties.
- In tab with sharing title select share this printer option.
Here are the steps that you can follow to complete the sharing settings off a printer.
Using the Settings
- Click on the start button and then open the settings to open the Network and Internet option. Then click on the wi-fi.
- Then in the settings select the option that says change advanced sharing option.
- In the advanced sharing settings, open the private option. Then go down to select the network discovery option. You need to turn on the network discovery option.
- Then in the file printer and sharing option you need to turn on this feature as well.
Using Control Panel Option
- In the search bar enter the control panel.
- Then choose the option for network and internet. Then go to network and sharing center for changing the advanced sharing settings.
- Then expand the private option. Below the network discovery option, you need to turn on the option.
- In the file and printer sharing you need to turn on the option.
If you are finding any difficulty or need an assistance in completing the sharing and configuration Network printer in Windows 10 then get help from the experts. Get in touch with the technical support team for printer for help and information.